March 28, 2024, 12:15:25 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: 2.5 no 64bit standalone  (Read 3839 times)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
2.5 no 64bit standalone
« on: September 21, 2011, 07:29:27 pm »
how come theres no 64bit standalone for osx!
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

poropat

Re: 2.5 no 64bit standalone
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2011, 09:18:52 pm »
A lot of Thanks to Arturia to start to provide the 64bits versions of their instruments.  ;)
VCollection 8

tectonick

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2011, 09:51:29 pm »
i ran it on cubase studio 5/ xp 32 bit.

controls that were note automatable beforehand still aren't (i.e. can't send parameter-feedback in cs 5, nothing new with automap...) .

graphic bug (invisible gui) occured again...

chowderdoof

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2011, 02:55:59 am »
I can't get x64 standalone on win7 here either - it does say on the update page that MiniMg V 2.5 - Support for 64-bit VST and Audio Unit - so mabyee no x64 standalone ??? 

can anybody please clarify if this is the case?

thanks

codevyper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 07:38:12 am »
I'm running OSX Snow Leopard 64bit. The standalone shows 32bit in the software preferences panel. In Logic Pro 9.1.4 and Mainstage it appears as a 64bit plugin when I run in 64bit mode or 32bit when I run in 32bit mode. I cannot click on anything in the UI in standalone mode. No response to trackpad input except for the top menu where you set audio IO and view CPU usage. I can access everything in the UI if I insert it as an AU in Logic Pro or Mainstage. Haven't been able to test midi learn so cannot speak to that.

I see in the description in the newsletter it says "...with 64 bit compatibility." To me that means it'll run in 64bit as well as 32bit, and it does in Logic and Mainstage. Just the standalone part is in 32bit.

I'm happy to finally see Arturia making the jump to 64bit! I can't wait for the rest of VCollection to get there. There's bound to be some hiccups along the way. I look forward to the fixes and future 64bit AUs. I've been a developer, so I know how tough it can be. Keep up the good work guys.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 10:31:06 am »
Sorry to ask this, but what's the advantage of a 64bit non-sampled based (nothing to take advantage of in RAM addressability) synth standalone app ?

I can understand the need for 64bit VST to easily comply with 64bit DAWs but... I can't see the need or advantages of using a pure DSP based synth 64bit app.

Can anyone explain why this need ?

poropat

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 12:45:55 am »
Sorry to ask this, but what's the advantage of a 64bit non-sampled based (nothing to take advantage of in RAM addressability) synth standalone app ?

I can understand the need for 64bit VST to easily comply with 64bit DAWs but... I can't see the need or advantages of using a pure DSP based synth 64bit app.

Can anyone explain why this need ?

+1, I agree with you....
VCollection 8

codevyper

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2011, 03:34:58 am »
For me personally, not having to run my plugins in a bridge when I run my DAW in 64bit mode. Also, I suppose if you have a ton of plugins and for some god forsaken reason you haven't tapped out your CPU load you could get them all loaded at the same time with the DAW as long as you have enough RAM and, of course the CPU power to do so.

That's a tall order though. I've got a quad core and even with that I doubt I could load enough AUs to tap out 4gb of RAM before the CPU would spike. So it's really just the convenience of not needed the bridge, which, fast as they may be, adds a certain amount of latency in my experience.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2011, 11:38:51 am »
For me personally, not having to run my plugins in a bridge when I run my DAW in 64bit mode. Also, I suppose if you have a ton of plugins and for some god forsaken reason you haven't tapped out your CPU load you could get them all loaded at the same time with the DAW as long as you have enough RAM and, of course the CPU power to do so.

That's a tall order though. I've got a quad core and even with that I doubt I could load enough AUs to tap out 4gb of RAM before the CPU would spike. So it's really just the convenience of not needed the bridge, which, fast as they may be, adds a certain amount of latency in my experience.
Sure, I agree with the need of 64bit VST, there's really no question about that.

I only don't understand the need for a 64bit *standalone* version of these synths. That was my question, triggered by the complaints/requests on this thread.

Can someone explain why this need?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines