April 23, 2024, 05:20:38 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Is there any way to upgrade to the 49-key midi controller?  (Read 2306 times)

dreamtraveler

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Is there any way to upgrade to the 49-key midi controller?
« on: September 17, 2011, 12:24:46 am »
I purchased the Analog Factory and I'm really loving the sounds. This is just an incredible package.

However, I'm finding that the 32 key controller just isn't enough for me. Is there any way to upgrade to the Laboratory midi controller since I already purchased the same software package with the Factory? I'd really like to get the 49 key controller, but I don't want to have to buy the software package twice to get the larger controller.

Thanks,
Joey

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Is there any way to upgrade to the 49-key midi controller?
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 04:31:27 pm »
In a word...Nope.  I emailed the company and asked about it and they have no upgrade path.  I think that sucks!  I purchased the factory as well thinking that if I liked it I would upgrade to the full version.  But no luck.  I could see there being an issue upgrading the hardware...you can't buy a lower model keyboard and upgrade that at a later date...but the SW is different and limited.  I would think there would at least be a discount upgrade path to upgrading the SW and then buy the HW controller separately if you want to.  This is how almost every other vendor does it.  Oh well...my bad for not verifying before I bought it.  I would guess they might lose some potential upgrade dollars because of this.

jayone

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Is there any way to upgrade to the 49-key midi controller?
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 09:25:57 pm »
we should be able to choose. i plan on buying and i would LIKE the 49 key controller but i dont wanna use the laboratory software as it kills logic into bits but the factory dosent.

Id love to have the 49 keyboard with the factory software as factory works well.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines