March 28, 2024, 10:51:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: pro tools problems  (Read 4744 times)

Anonymous

pro tools problems
« on: May 12, 2004, 09:59:27 am »
i've downloaded the demos for the cs80 and the miniMg. i'm running them in pro tools on os x.

they're great synths - really rich sounds -  but i've been having some problems.

for one, they are very clunky changing between presets (particularly the cs80).

more importantly, they often crash my pro tools session. sometimes when i'm changing presets but more often when i try to remove tham as plugins or disable the track they're on.

anyone know why this might be happening?

as i said, i really dig them and am thinking about buying one or both. but it wouldn't be worth it if i had these same problems with the full versions. is it likely that the problems are because they're demos?

thanks

Anonymous

pro tools problems
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 12:17:02 pm »
I've bought the MMV and downloaded the miniMg demo, and after trying both on 3 different protools versions under 3 different mac os (9, 10.2 and 10.3) I'm sad to say that they keep on crashing. Most often when, as you mentioned, try too remove them, delete the track or try too make the track inactive. The only way (that I know of) too remove them from a session, is to start a new session and import all the tracks except the ones with arturia plugins :shock:

Sadly it seems that Arturias policy is to release new software rather than update the older ones to a state where they are usable. At the moment they are simply not worth using in protools (haven't tried them as vst's) unless you want to go through the hassle of tracking them and then removing them using the method mentioned above.

Personally I think Arturias soft synths are among the top 5, if not the best, synth emulations out there regarding sound and accuarcy in emulation (I have an old model D minimmog next to me), but they are so full of bugs that I have given up using my MMV in protools. Even the VST plugins that i use with the FXpansion wrapper are more stable than the native RTAS Arturias. So far it seems like a total waste of money but I hope that future (and I mean near future) updates will cure their shortcomings

ronev

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
pro tools problems
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2004, 05:18:23 pm »
I run ProTools LE 6.4 /Digi002r on a Mac Powerbook, and was considering the MiniV.  Not so sure now.  Has anyone had success w/ MiniV and PT (RTAS)?

Anonymous

Ok, I'm liking MiniV w/ ProTools....
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 05:31:48 pm »
LE 6.4 Powerbook G4 1.33 gh, Panther OS 10.3.4.  Very stable, no crashes, and not bad cpu-hog.  I've used one MiniV plugin (RTAS) at a time, recorded it to audio, next patch...etc.

Sounds great!  I'm using Reason, Dynamo, Rebirth for drums/rhythm synced on another computer.....great!

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines