March 28, 2024, 04:27:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Ableton 8 and Spark  (Read 14317 times)

technologe88

Ableton 8 and Spark
« on: July 29, 2011, 10:19:48 am »
Hello, hopefully you can help me...
I have the Spark machine and want to connect to Ableton Live 8 (win 7 64bit).
Is there any discibtion how I have to proceed?
I surched through haft of the web but cant find something.
Thank you!

MR909

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Cult of Janelle
Re: Ableton 8 and Spark
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 02:32:00 pm »
Hi Technologe88, what seems to be the problem?
Are you wanting to sequence the software synth using Ableton, or import your sequences from Spark into Ableton, are you wanting to record audio out of Spark?

I am using Spark with Ableton 8 daily without a hitch. I run it as a Audio Unit (or VST on windows). I basically record most of my sequences in Spark and then drag the midi file  that I have created out of the Spark library into a launch track in Live.

technologe88

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 07:30:22 pm »
Hi MR909,

thanks for the reply. I want to do the following: In Ableton you can create a midi track and set "midi from". Normally I should find there the spark controller. Right? The spark I only can find in "Midi to".
Can you tell me what I have to set in the presettings?
Thank you!

MR909

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Cult of Janelle
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 12:56:08 pm »
The way I do this is as follows. I drag Spark from my plugin folder and make a new track with it. I dont bother creating a seperate MIDI track that recieves midi activity from the Spark channel, I just do everything in the Spark Chanel.

I am pretty sure that you cannot record midi activity from Sparks internal sequencer, but you can record it throuh an Audio track. So you either have to use the Spark internal sequencer or sequence Spark through Live.

To sequence SPARK through Live, make sure you switch your Spark sequencer to an empty Pattern on the spark sequencer in order to avoid any conflicting midi activity. then you can pretty much trigger notes either through the Spark controller or trigger notes through the Ableton piano roll. Hope that this answers your question, I tried to upload a video of how I do it but couldnt get any audio here is the link anyway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmirGCv4Kt8

hopes this helps

fatexxiv

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2011, 10:08:01 pm »
I've got 3 questions of similar nature.  Using Live 8

1. - Using sparks internal sequencer, how can I 'sync' ableton and spark? I have it checked in Abletons pref.

Example: If I want to hear something mid bar,  and I'm stopping/starting play on ableton, it will keep playing my drum sequence and not "re-start" it from the proper area
(if this can't be done it's not a problem as long as question 2 can be answered)

2. - Using sparks internal sequencer,  when I drag+drop the midi export say, A-Pattern 1, it's there but it's no where near the correct midi notes in ableton. Meaning, I basically have to search ableton for the corresponding midi notes for it to match up. it's a drag really.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 11:08:37 am »
Hi fatexxiv,

I've got 3 questions of similar nature.  Using Live 8

1. - Using sparks internal sequencer, how can I 'sync' ableton and spark? I have it checked in Abletons pref.

Example: If I want to hear something mid bar,  and I'm stopping/starting play on ableton, it will keep playing my drum sequence and not "re-start" it from the proper area
(if this can't be done it's not a problem as long as question 2 can be answered)

Make sure the buttons Host and Tempo in the toolbar are toggled on. It should work then.

2. - Using sparks internal sequencer,  when I drag+drop the midi export say, A-Pattern 1, it's there but it's no where near the correct midi notes in ableton. Meaning, I basically have to search ableton for the corresponding midi notes for it to match up. it's a drag really.

Did you change the MIDI note assinment for the instrument Pad?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines