March 28, 2024, 07:55:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Standalone mode improvements  (Read 2165 times)

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
Standalone mode improvements
« on: July 28, 2011, 12:27:05 pm »
Hi,

Am I the only one here using Spark mainly with its Standalone??? Hopefully not, because in my opinion it has great potential in live setups as main software which plays background sequences and commands other equipments. (I have Logic and Mainstage but still the idea of only using Spark standalone somehow fascinates me...)

To have this Spark needs some improvements:

1. Spark & its step sequencer could send midi-messages from its physical MIDI-out. I have asked this in other thread and Kevin responded that it's maybe not that difficult. Obvious idea is to play some synth lines from external synths and syncronize Spark to for example Origin or any other hardware. Maybe Spark sequencer could import some standard midi files and have this kind of "external MIDI-tracks" alongside its own pattern tracks...

2. Related to that: Sparks seq could play maybe other Arturia soft synths (I think quite many of us have them!!)

3. More output choises: now you can only choose one stereo pair for Spark output. To be efficient, Spark could use more outputs simultaneously and for example send click to some spesific output

Anyway, I understand that these improvements and this developmental direction needs to have its market value. Hopefully there are others thinking about this possibility of using Spark standalone on stage. It's faster and probably more stable solution than DAW.

Any comments?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2011, 12:33:18 pm by JacksonP »

MR909

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Cult of Janelle
Re: Standalone mode improvements
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 02:36:31 pm »
Hi JacksonP
I agree with all your comments and have also suggested in a previous post that it would be great to have Spark sequence Analog Factory. Like you I would prefer not to have to rely on a DAW to have it talk to other instruments.

I use Spark both in Live, but also I use it as standalone wherein I run Spark and play guitar.

I completely agree with you re. output choices. I like the mixer, but I want to be able to separate and mix each of the tracks as individual outputs in Ableton Live.
 :)

Terrym

• Global Moderator
    • soundcloud.com/logicaldream
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 05:51:41 pm »
I completely agree with you re. output choices. I like the mixer, but I want to be able to separate and mix each of the tracks as individual outputs in Ableton Live.

you can in albeton!
TerryM
ARTURIA Tester for Minifreak,All software Polybrute,Keystep pro,Audiofuse range, Microfreak,Kl49mkII,DrumBrute,Spark,Analog lab3,KLE,kl88,matrix12,Semv,Beatstep,Minibrute 2,Pigments
ASC,Vcol6, Beatstep pro, VCOL8, Synclavier v.Minibrute2s

JacksonP

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2011, 11:14:44 am »
Yes, you can do many many thing is many DAWs, but idea was to develop Spark Standalone in a way that you do not necessarily need them at all...

Integrating those other Arturia synths to it might really make a good deal for Arturia. For those who have Spark would probably put their money to MiniMg V or Analog Factory etc. And Vica Versa: if you could have analog drum machine which could play also MiniMg V or Origin (via physical midi out) might be really interesting thing for many...

EDIT: before I was asking for a "Project mode" for Jog Dial. I found that this can be done in Preferences menu.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2011, 10:14:23 pm by JacksonP »

MR909

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Cult of Janelle
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 12:50:05 pm »
How do you do it in Ableton? (ie  separating each of the channels, I know that the channels come up, but I can only get PRE FX, POST FX and POST MIXER when I create an Audio track that gets AUDIO from the Spark Chanel.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines