March 28, 2024, 12:12:49 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Future Request for Spark Software Updates  (Read 3701 times)

MR909

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Cult of Janelle
Future Request for Spark Software Updates
« on: July 20, 2011, 01:51:53 pm »
Hi, I have been using spark daily since I bought it a week ago. Dearest Arturia, I love my Spark, I have a few suggestions to eliminate having to rely on mouse clicks for future updates.
1. Copy pattern - eg hold down the pattern (eg A1) you want to copy for 2 secs and then whilst hold down the pattern pad, press another pattern pad (eg A2), press the new pattern pad (eg A2) to confirm).

2. The delete button should also apply to wiping knob automations, at the moment you can wipe note sequences, banks and patterns, it would be great to press the ease button and then turn the knob (eg volume or filter or pitch) whose automation you want to remove.

3. Top view. Editing pitch in the Sequence editor is a nightmare, a piano roll or option to switch between 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc notes in the pitch editing would make me want to program notes into the synth more rather than two note bass lines.

4. Please please please, an UNDO feature! I have lost so many kits accidently though the jog mode when I have meant to scroll for individual sounds.

As an aside:
Dream list. The possibility of running spark alongside Analog factory without having to rely on a DAW, I dont really care about other 3rd party plugins, because Analog factory rules. Eg sequencing Analog factory in the Sequence editor.

Thank you thank you thank you!   :)

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Future Request for Spark Software Updates
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 03:17:39 pm »
Hi MR909,
thanks for this positive feedbacks and suggestions, see my answers below.

1. Copy pattern - eg hold down the pattern (eg A1) you want to copy for 2 secs and then whilst hold down the pattern pad, press another pattern pad (eg A2), press the new pattern pad (eg A2) to confirm).
2. The delete button should also apply to wiping knob automations, at the moment you can wipe note sequences, banks and patterns, it would be great to press the ease button and then turn the knob (eg volume or filter or pitch) whose automation you want to remove.

We are working on finding a good solution for these ones..
They should be in the next update.

3. Top view. Editing pitch in the Sequence editor is a nightmare, a piano roll or option to switch between 1/2, 1/4, 1/8, 1/16 etc notes in the pitch editing would make me want to program notes into the synth more rather than two note bass lines.

4. Please please please, an UNDO feature! I have lost so many kits accidently though the jog mode when I have meant to scroll for individual sounds.

These ones are really a big deal and need lots of work from us. The won't be in the next update but probably in a future one.

As an aside:
Dream list. The possibility of running spark alongside Analog factory without having to rely on a DAW, I dont really care about other 3rd party plugins, because Analog factory rules. Eg sequencing Analog factory in the Sequence editor.

I agree with it could be very nice  :)

Kevin
Soft Arturia

MR909

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • Cult of Janelle
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 12:33:27 am »
Awesome
looking forward to it  :D

jasefos

• Beta-testers
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 03:32:36 pm »
Hi Kevin, When is the next update due?
Feature request #1 above is on the top of my wish list and also request #2.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, 11:50:05 pm »
Awesome
looking forward to it  :D
+1 +1 +1 :D

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2011, 09:55:58 am »
Hi jasefos,
the update should be released in september, probably in the end of the month.

Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines