March 28, 2024, 10:46:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Carrying case for The Player 25-key, etc.  (Read 5858 times)

pfoxsounds

Carrying case for The Player 25-key, etc.
« on: June 18, 2011, 09:13:59 pm »
Just got my Analog Experience 25-key "The Player" keyboard, and it's a really nice piece of hardware. One of the reasons I got it was it's compactness, and I have already realized just slipping it into my laptop bag is not going to protect it adequately.

Has anyone come across a good way to wrap these things? I'm considering even making something custom if I have to.

One issue is protecting the paint from getting scratched. Even more importantly though, I want to find a way to prevent the pitch/mod knob, pots and buttons from getting jacked up.

Perhaps Arturia will make a bag.... :)

patricks

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Carrying case for The Player 25-key, etc.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2012, 09:48:09 pm »
I've been thinking about this, too.

I might try a "custom made" case - an old briefcase from the local Goodwill/Salvation Army shop, some craft foam (high density for the body and base, egg-crate stuff for the top) and spray glue. Then cut the shape out of the keyboard from the middle foam section (with a couple of recesses either side for my fingers), glue on a sheet of high density foam for the base, glue that into the bottom of the case, glue the egg-shell foam into the lid of the case and that's it (cut the egg-shell foam in places, of course, so that the keys, knobs and joystick aren't squished).

Hope that helps  ;D

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines