March 29, 2024, 12:29:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: AF Midi sync-tempo issues  (Read 1730 times)

viger

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
AF Midi sync-tempo issues
« on: June 05, 2011, 04:51:09 pm »
Hi,  I'm new to AF and am having problems getting sounds to sync tempo via midi sync.  AF is running on my macbook.  I've tried in standalone mode and with various vst hosts such as garage band, bidule, rax and others.  My host sequencer is sonar running on another PC.  Sonar is sending Midi sync and I have it verified via a midi monitor running on the mac.

I go to a patch with a sequence.  I can change the arp tempo via the rate knob.  I go into the settings and ensure that the "LFO MIDI SYNC" box is checked.  No matter what i do on the sequencer host, changes in tempo do not change the tempo of the patch.

I notice that the patch uses the "LFO RATE" to set the tempo.  Is there something different about how AF sets the tempo of the sequence that does not use MIDI clock?

I have loaded AF in Garage Band locally and the tempo of the Garage Band project does change the tempo of the patch, but I can't seem to get an external MIDI clock to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks
***UPDATE****
I was able to get the midi clock sync to work with AF in standalone mode.  Not sure exactly what it was but it ended up working.  The problem is that I still cannot get it to work while hosting AF in a VST/AU host.  I've read GarageBand might not be able to do it but haven't been able to get it to work using RAX or Bidule.  Anyone have experience using AF on a MAC with a VST/AU host?

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 06, 2011, 01:40:02 pm by viger »

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines