April 20, 2024, 12:47:57 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Will Storm 3.0 allow ...........  (Read 7582 times)

Anonymous

Will Storm 3.0 allow ...........
« on: May 24, 2004, 12:43:18 pm »
For multiple time signatures , and unconventional polyrythmic non 4/4 time signatures and multiple tuning types also.
Has the engine itself been tweeked? IE: AES technology.
When will a demo be made available for download.
Any ohter major enhancements - the front page blurb is rather non specific IMHO.
More information please if you wan't to attract new customers ARTURIA !!!!

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 09:20:41 am »
> non 4/4 time signatures

Always has. RTFM.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2004, 05:36:24 am »
With due respect MR.ALWAYSHASRTFM ......
I don't own Storm.
I've used it on a mates laptop several year's ago.
Personally I found it a bit too limiting back then and their where still better hardware options around.
So obviously I don't have a "fucking manual" too read do I.
Unlike some people I don't use cracks/warez and this looks like a major overhaul.
Very little information (or at least ambiguos at best) on the main page.
I was told last week a new version of Storm was coming out I may be interested in.
Next time if you've got nothing nice to say just SHUT UP !!!!!!!!

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 06:14:56 am »
You’re right. I apologize. I was in a foul mood when I wrote that, and didn’t figure anyone knew what the acronym stood for anyway. Imagine my surprise!

Anyway, you can set bars in the sequencer to have any number of quarter notes. At least you could in Version 2, and I can’t imagine why that would be any different in 3.

As for the new version, I suspect it will sound the same, since none of the sound modules appear to have changed. That’s a little disappointing, but the overall improvements ought to be well worth the price.

My attraction to Storm has always been that its simplicity encourages spontaneity -- it’s very intuitive. Other programs force you into technical minutiae, then you forget what inspiration led you there.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines