March 28, 2024, 05:37:39 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Use the Jog Dial in the "Jog Mode - Instrument" mode to change Claps does not wo  (Read 4079 times)

keplinger

• Beta-testers
Use the Jog Dial in the "Jog Mode - Instrument" mode to change Claps (for example) does not work for me!
I'm still trying to explain:
I went with the mouse to the "Instrument Edit Window" (Studio @ the Spark Software) and load a Clap from the list into instrument 2.
(It would be nice to have a check mark (Tick?) behind the Clap to see which Clap I am using!!)
Then I want to listen and load and use the other claps in the List with the Jog Dial.
But when I use the Jog Dial in the "instrument - jog mode", I see other Persusion samples or kick drums there (on the hardware display).
NOT THE CLAP SAMPLES FROM THE LIST
Is this normal?
I would like to select the claps with the Jog Dial.
That should work, right? Is that working for you?
(Sorry i work with Google Translate to get back a readable English...) ;)

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Is the pad with that instrument the Selected one ?

The Dial will go through the instrument list (when in this mode) on the selected pad.

To make it the selected pad/instrument press Select button and the pad you want, not forgetting there's 16, so the 1-8/9-16 switch/shift button also plays on this selection.

Hope this helps :)

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
it's working as expected here...
macOS 10.14.6, MatrixBrute, V-Collection7, Pigments, all FX and more...

keplinger

• Beta-testers
Thanks for the replies I'll try it!

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
NOW I HAD THE SAME ISSUE!!! :(

loading a new sound from the lib into a pad slot (for me it was the "Crash" pad), didn't work in a session! i tried a lot of sounds... no chance to play it! no sound at all.

i saved the Spark patch in spark and reloaded it, then the new sound was playable WITH sound.

BUT my Mute states weren't saved with my patch!!!! :(
macOS 10.14.6, MatrixBrute, V-Collection7, Pigments, all FX and more...

keplinger

• Beta-testers
Sorry guys, but unfortunately that does not work for me! :-\
After a sample loaded onto a selected instrument pad (from the list where all hihats and kick drums are sorted!) I can not scroll with the Jog Dial down the list!
I find this shit (sorry)!
I can only select new kids with the Jog Dial and and their instruments!
But not the list!
I do not understand!
I can only load with the mouse new instruments from the list.
What am I doing wrong?
For your information I use a PC with WIN 7 64Bit...

CC4

• Beta-testers
if i understand what you're saying, then...

the bottom panel (1-8), (9-16), or ALL studio view is for the creation of your own instruments.  so if you load a clap sample, into say pad 9, any changes you make to the master, filter, or parameter settings means you're actually designing a new instrument which you can name & save. so in the bottom panel you'd have to individually click through each analog, physical model, or sample as this is more of the "sound design" process.

now in the center panel when you select a pad, say pad 9, and you use the jog dial you're scrolling through all of the saved "instruments."  (the jog dial can also be switched to load up complete kits or projects).  so if you spin the jog dial then you may start off in the Bass Drums, Snares, or something else, but if you keep spinning the knob you eventually will find those claps and then you just have to click the dial to confirm the change.

you may be confused when you select pad 9, turn the jog dial, and discover you're in the CH (closed hat) or other section for some reason.  as i said eventually you will see the saved "instrument" -- claps (or FX, SD, Crash, or whatever you want) that you were looking for.  the reason it currently doesn't start off in the "correct section," i think, is due to a what must be a bitch of a bug; it's what i'd call the "New Project" bug.  i say it must be a bitch of a bug 'cause it's been around since the early Betas and it's still listed in the To Be Fixed section:  http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=4502.0

you'll notice that there will be a "New Project" bass drum, snare drum, and everything else "New Project" that would make up a whole kit when you scroll through the jog dial.  each of these "New Project" instruments i think have shifted the numbers in the listings a bit.   :-\

keplinger

• Beta-testers
Good to know! However, I did not understand your last paragraph ...pity
If a machine has bugs, it can drive you crazy ... :-\

CC4

• Beta-testers
..."New Project" instruments are taking up space in the instrument listings.  In an earlier Beta the "New Project" instruments were shifting the numerical pointers.  I just took a look at this though and I think the "bug" is a little different now from the earlier Betas.  Not sure how the Arturia folks wants us to point these out now...

Load up the "80s Studio Drums" kit.  On Pad 1 if you spin the knob you will start off in the Bass Drums. Pad 2 you'll start off in the Snare Drums. Pad 3 you'll start off in the Closed Hats (which is all correct).  Pads 1-7 seem to somewhat have the correct pointers in this kit.  For some reason Pad 8 starts off midway in the Bass Drums.  Pads 13-16 also point to the wrong place.  It seems it's different per kit.  "Jazz Drums" Pads 4-16 all start off in the Bass Drums.  All of the "Rock Drums" Pads seem to point to the wrong place. 

Good news is it does function correctly but it looks like they need to fix where each pad starts off in the instrument listings.  I'm not sure how my own created instruments may also be pushing things around.

When spinning the Jog Dial I'm not sure why they don't just point to the current instrument that is loaded at each pad.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines