March 28, 2024, 09:57:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Why can't I post to the Spark Forum ? SPARK IS SO BUGGY !!!  (Read 6158 times)

minehead

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
I've got about a dozen problems with Spark and I can't post in the forum...WTF ? Why doesn't the SLICER & ROLLER automation record in my DAW ? Where is the LIVE TEmplate ? Why does the Hardware lock-up in MIDI  CONTRlr Mode and nothing will break it out ? Why do you include instructions to access MIDI Mode but don't tell you.or have a way to break out, I have to reboot my system...and sometimes the Plugin just opens back up and starts where it left off...and still the Hardware is locked in MIDI Controller Mode...I could go on, but I'd rather do it in the forum in a logical BUG reporting fashion. >:(

iMac Quad-Core i7 , 12 GB RAM, OSX 10.6.7

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
Re: Why can't I post to the Spark Forum ? SPARK IS SO BUGGY !!!
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2011, 11:02:17 am »
Hi Minehead,
sorry for the forum issue, the board was not correctly configured.

I will try to answer to all your question:

- Why doesn't the SLICER & ROLLER automation record in my DAW ?
Unfortunately, the Roller and Slicer effect are not automatable, maybe in a future version.

- Where is the LIVE Template ?
As I told you in KVR forum, we will add it in the Spark's Resources page on the website ASAP, probably today.

- Why does the Hardware lock-up in MIDI  Controller Mode and nothing will break it out ?
To go back to Spark Mode, just press Filter+Slicer+Roller again (as written page 76 in Spark's manual  ;)).

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask us.

Best
Kevin
Kevin
Soft Arturia

Rom1

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2011, 03:54:17 pm »
Hi,

The Ableton Live template is now available for download in the Spark resources :
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/spark/resources.html
Sorry for the late online release.

Hope you enjoy it!

« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 03:59:14 pm by Rom1 »

minehead

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2011, 05:14:08 pm »
Hi Minehead,
sorry for the forum issue, the board was not correctly configured.

I will try to answer to all your question:

- Why doesn't the SLICER & ROLLER automation record in my DAW ?
Unfortunately, the Roller and Slicer effect are not automatable, maybe in a future version.

- Where is the LIVE Template ?
As I told you in KVR forum, we will add it in the Spark's Resources page on the website ASAP, probably today.

- Why does the Hardware lock-up in MIDI  Controller Mode and nothing will break it out ?
To go back to Spark Mode, just press Filter+Slicer+Roller again (as written page 76 in Spark's manual  ;)).

If you have any other question, don't hesitate to ask us.

Best
Kevin

Thanks for the reply Kevin, but this doesn't work for me. It seems like The software has to be implemented to change modes, the buttons in themselves will not change Modes. Maybe that makes sense from a usability POV, but it just seems strange. That's an acceptable workaround. Thx.

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2011, 08:42:05 pm »
This might be a silly question, but I'll try anyway:

Did you update your Spark software (current download version : 1.1.1) or are you using the version from the disc that was in the box?

If you have downloaded and installed Spark 1.1.1, did you accept the automatic firmware update of the controller when launching the software with the controller connected?
(this message does not appear again once the firmware has been updated)

minehead

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2011, 10:28:21 pm »
Yes, I have installed the updates v1.1.1 (software), and v1.1.0 (Controller), should the Controller show a diff. version when powered up ? I have done the update from the drop-down in MIDI Controller. IS this correct ? thx.

Kevin

• http://www.arturia.com
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2011, 09:46:15 am »

Thanks for the reply Kevin, but this doesn't work for me. It seems like The software has to be implemented to change modes, the buttons in themselves will not change Modes. Maybe that makes sense from a usability POV, but it just seems strange. That's an acceptable workaround. Thx.
What!!!!
You means that Spark Controller doesn't go back to Spark Mode when you press
Filter+Roller+Slicer?
Kevin
Soft Arturia

minehead

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2011, 06:41:03 pm »
No it does not. I have to open SPARK, which is the only way too kick it out of MIDI Mode, then I have to reload MC. If I use Filter/Slicer/Roller to get into Controller mode, I have to close MC and open SPARK to get it out of MCM. Most of the time I have to close the DAW also to change modes. It absolutely will not toggle back and forth, if you hit those 3 buttons to get into MCM, you have to reload SPARK to get it to reset and get out of MCM. Would you like me to put videos on YouTube if you want physical evidence ?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines