April 19, 2024, 03:45:57 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Spark as Midi sequencer?  (Read 3276 times)

chorus7

Spark as Midi sequencer?
« on: April 29, 2011, 12:46:09 am »
Hi I'm new to the forum... I have a question, is there any future plans to have the Spark able to sequence external hardware synths? ( like the Maschine )...

Many thanks in advance...

akiz

• Beta-testers
    • Akis Ziak
Re: Spark as Midi sequencer?
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 01:41:40 pm »
Hi chorus7.

Just to make clear some things. Both Spark and Maschine are hybrid instruments, this means that there are two parts: a)the software running on a Mac/PC b)the hardware controller connected to the system.
Both controllers have no sequence or synthesis capabilities by their own cause this is where the software takes place. So it makes no sense to sequence Maschine using Spark's sequencer. Hope it's understandable now, unless you mean something different...like to use Spark's controller to control Maschine . Spark controller is a fully capable
MIDI controller as well, so yes you can use it with any software you like.

Cheers!

p.s. Spark sounds amazing though, when the demo is out you can hear what's all about!
"If a piece of the sun the size of a pinhead were to be placed on Earth, you couldn't safely stand within 90 miles of it!"

chorus7

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2011, 10:44:06 pm »
Hi Akiz, Joe here. Many thanks for the response! I'm sorry I should have been clearer... I've owned Maschine so I understand how they work and how the Spark and it are similar...

What I wanted to ask was can Spark software sequence an external piece of gear ( Like a synth ) via Midi? Can you set up a Midi module that can send pitch/note and gate information from the Spark to another piece of gear via Midi?

The only reason I mention Maschine is that you can do that on it... You can use the sequencer ( software ) to sequence external gear...

I hope this clears things up and again many thanks for the response!...

Joe

P.S I can't wait for the Spark! I wish the manual was available!...

akiz

• Beta-testers
    • Akis Ziak
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2011, 11:59:25 am »
Hi Joe!

You're welcome! Now it's more clear what you're asking for. AFAIK, since i read the manual, this kind of functionality is not implemented for the initial release of Spark, but since Spark's controller has a MIDI out is just a matter of further development in the software. The development team is working very hard to make Spark a bug free product for the official release on June. They already have a big list of feature requests and will be added in the software via future updates. I really understand your anticipation but it worths the wait. ;)

Cheers!
"If a piece of the sun the size of a pinhead were to be placed on Earth, you couldn't safely stand within 90 miles of it!"

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines