March 28, 2024, 09:01:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: irritating bug in 1.2 - OSX - AU  (Read 2160 times)

doober

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
irritating bug in 1.2 - OSX - AU
« on: May 20, 2011, 11:11:11 am »
I cannot turn OFF (in the preferences) the "USE AS VST" options for the various models - by default some are switched ON some switched OFF.  None are detected as I only have Arturia LAB software (the keyboard is excellent i am really pleased with the quality - thanks!)

The result of this is when I load a project that uses Arturia Lab plugin - I get multiple error messages saying "cannot find [insert arturial model] plugin - will use the internal model instead".

I have tried to modify (turn to OFF) in the preferences in both the plugin and standalone version.

Logic Express has also crashed on me for the first time, within a day of installing LAB - had no previous problems with plugins from NI / Spectrasonics / Line 6.

I would also like to know if a 64 bit AU is planned ... as i try to use 64 bit Logic, and unfortunately LAB is the only thing stopping me.

I would certainly be tempted into purchasing extra models, especially if 64 bit Lab was available (i dont know if the models are available in 64 bit - this might be the stumbing block ??) ... but while problems exist i am hesitant. 

Great sounds and a great keyboard though - i realise with so many new products just launched - support is swamped.

A reply would be greatly appreciated.

Antoine

Re: irritating bug in 1.2 - OSX - AU
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2011, 09:36:58 am »
Hi Doober,

The Technical Support desk is pretty much operational, but based on your email address I cannot trace any inquiry yet. If one was posted, please forward the case number by private message.

I cannot turn OFF (in the preferences) the "USE AS VST" options for the various models - by default some are switched ON some switched OFF
Are the ON synths the ARP2600V and the MiniMg-V?
If so, here is the cause: it sounds like you ran the additional installers included in the package, however they are aimed for automatic update purpose only, *not* manual use. I suppose we should have hidden them a bit more deeply.
Now, the solution: erase any ARP2600V and MiniMg-V files and folders on your computer, and possibly reinstall the Laboratory (and only this synth) from the latest update.

Please let me know via the regular Tech Support way if still any issue.

All the best,

Antoine.
ex-Arturian

doober

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: irritating bug in 1.2 - OSX - AU
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2011, 10:36:45 am »
hi,

i am pretty sure i didn't install the additional installers, i think I only ran the 1.2 download.

over the last week, it has fixed itself, gradually the pref settings turn OFF for each synth, at first i thought i was imagining it, but no - now all synths are set to off - so no annoying messages.

I am pretty pleased with LAB - the hardware is of incredible quality - and i am still very much rooting through the various patches - many many great inspiring sounds.

ANY plans to compile for 64 bit AU?

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines