https://forum.arturia.com/Themes/arturia/images/img/Community.jpg
Home    Arturia Forums    Harware Legacy versions    Origin    Origin Presets & Templates Zone    : Jupiter 8 Strings « previous next »
Carre bleu  Jupiter 8 Strings
Pages: [1] Print
Topic: Jupiter 8 Strings  (Read 6899 times)
tomoe97

Email
« on: February 06, 2011, 08:58:45 »

I've created a small bank devoted to Jupiter 8 strings. It includes one multi and three programs, which are based on the original factory patch sheets for the Jupiter 8 (see http://www.synthmania.com/Roland%20Jupiter-8/Images/Roland%20Jupiter-8%20Factory%20patch%20sheets.pdf).

It may require OS 1.3.23 to work properly.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 09:27:32 by tomoe97 » Logged
kidharpoon

Email
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 12:26:21 »

Really nice job.

Thanks a lot.

Been trying to make a few of those patches myself, but not sure how accurate they are. If you do any more post them up, be great to hear!

tomoe97

Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 05:50:04 »

Glad you like it! I wish more Origin users would share their patches and templates here so that we could learn from each other. I feel as if I have barely scratched the surface of what the Origin can do.
kidharpoon

Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 10:47:28 »

I created an Arp Odyssey Template, the first draft of which is in the general discussion forum.

I've modded it a bit after some advice, so will repost soon.

tomoe97

Email
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 07:08:05 »

That's great! Thanks. I look forward to checking it out. When you have finished with the revisions, please post it in the Origin Presets Zone so that it's easy to locate. Perhaps Arturia should think seriously about renaming the Origin Presets Zone to "Origin Presets and Templates Zone."
Antoine

Email
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2011, 01:19:54 »

Perhaps Arturia should think seriously about renaming the Origin Presets Zone to "Origin Presets and Templates Zone."
Done!  ;)

ex-Arturian
tomoe97

Email
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2011, 05:57:18 »

Thanks, Antoine!
synthguy99

Email
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2011, 04:16:29 »

I wish more Origin users would share their patches and templates here so that we could learn from each other.

I'll be seeing if I can help you out with that sometime soon.  I've grown to appreciate the JP-8 template as I've played around with it, and am intending to provide a few patches for it.

Like kidharpoon, I've been roped into the "template" creation project, and will be releasing my own renditions of various synthesizers using the existing Origin synth modules.  While I don't have access to these instruments myself, comparing my patches to recordings of them and memories of the times I did get to spend time with them, my "templates" and their patches sound pretty darn close.  When I release them here, I hope you guys find them useful for making your own patches.  I'll be posting a "programmer's guide" with them, notes of how the patches are set up to use velocity and various controllers, as well as how the various parameters are programmed, and this should help understand what I did, and why they sound like they do.

One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!
tomoe97

Email
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 06:29:53 »

Sounds great! Thanks in advance for your contributions.
synthguy99

Email
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2011, 08:18:58 »

Well... my project has been wrecking my life for more than two weeks now, I think I'll throw in the towel on it.  But there should be plenty for any synth nut to mess with, and there are even a few Jupiter 8 patches.  ;D

One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Division cadre
Jump to: