March 28, 2024, 04:35:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Minor glitch - Installing MiniMg in stand alone mode only  (Read 4647 times)

rictheobscene

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.ghettoanalogue.com
Minor glitch - Installing MiniMg in stand alone mode only
« on: April 19, 2004, 10:23:17 pm »
Hi:

I wanted to post a small glitch with the miniMg V installer. I have been in contact with Xavier, and he has said it will be fixed, but for the time being, I'll pass this info along.

If you choose to install the miniMg V in a stand-alone mode only (no plugin formats checked), the installer will try to install to a 'NULL' directory. You will get a message box with stating Setup cannot write to the destination file 'NULL\miniMgvEfx.dll'. There will be 3 buttons, Abort, Retry, and Ignore. Select Ignore, and the install will continue. At the end of the install process, you will get another message box stating that the miniMgV may not function properly because you chose to ignore. Click OK, the miniMgV will function OK in standalone mode.

Now, if you choose to install the VST plugin mode, this will not happen. I don't know about any of the other plug-in formats.

Spectrum

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Minor glitch - Installing MiniMg in stand alone mode only
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004, 04:09:51 am »
I'm getting the exact same message when trying to install the DXi only (see my post in support forum).  With the result that the fx version won't install.

If I install the VSTi & DXi together then everything works fine.  Seems like an installation bug maybe? :?

WinXP
ASUS A7A266 mobo
2100XP Athlon
1GB Ram
Sonar 3 Pro
GForce NVidia video card

rictheobscene

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.ghettoanalogue.com
Have you e-mailed support
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004, 11:30:44 am »
If you haven't already, you may want to e-mail this to support@arturia.com. Since fixing the glitch I spoke about is on their to-do list, I am sure that they would love to work out all the installer glitches in one rev.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines