March 28, 2024, 02:11:50 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin Golden Master (?) Version 1.3.7  (Read 13645 times)

Philippe

Re: Origin Golden Master (?) Version 1.3.7
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2011, 10:25:28 pm »
I haven't tested this version, but all the same I'll add my voice to those concerned about the encoders. On my unit too, the encoders (not just the big dial) copes badly with being turned fast. This is not a problem with the encoders themselves, but seemingly with the decoding process. I urge Arturia to fix this IMO important issue.

Which version did you test to go to this conclusion?

A fix has been added to the firmware since the RC1_1.3.15. This fix has ben tested here at Arturia on 8 machines: 4 desktops and 4 keyboards. 6 of these machines were behaving badly and 2 were behaving correctly before the patch. All the machines behaved correctly after the patch.

So please give a try to the last version ( Version_1.3.8 ) and then you can tell if yes or no the encoders are not working on your machine.
Origin Lead  Developer

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2011, 01:11:46 am »
I haven't tested this version, but all the same I'll add my voice to those concerned about the encoders. On my unit too, the encoders (not just the big dial) copes badly with being turned fast. This is not a problem with the encoders themselves, but seemingly with the decoding process. I urge Arturia to fix this IMO important issue.

Which version did you test to go to this conclusion?

Up to 1.2.5. However, based on others having reported encoder issues with various versions of the firmware, also after 1.2.5, I assumed it was a software issue rather than an unusually high failure rate of encoders.

So please give a try to the last version ( Version_1.3.8 ) and then you can tell if yes or no the encoders are not working on your machine.
I'm happy to say that upon testing firmware version 1.3.8 the encoders are being read correctly when turning them as fast as I dare :D 

DJ
--

holografique

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2011, 03:09:07 am »
phil,

just ran v1.3.7 and it's looking REALLY good! The "jupiter-8" issues Sean and I reported earlier appear to have been resolved (curious to know what it was). All my templates and programs using JP-8 modules sound back to "normal" :)

I'm also seeing a MAJOR improvement in the knob response. Only under very specific circumstances where you try to do quick chaotic back and forth movements do they tend to "slip up" occasionally. Otherwise, rock solid response.

I am noticing that "hold" is no longer working for any programs using the arpeggiator. It's simply not holding the notes. I'm not sure if this is related to the other hold bug, but I'm loading v1.3.8 now to see if it's still an issue.

cheers, and great job!

holografique

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2011, 07:07:44 am »
yup, confirmed bug: "hold" (either via foot pedal or the front-panel button) is not holding notes when the arpeggiator is active. bug is reproducible with any template or origin based program.

otherwise, 1.3.8 is solid in all other aspects so far. get this hold bug fixed and I think we have ourselves a solid golden master :)

Philippe

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2011, 07:09:47 am »
just ran v1.3.7 and it's looking REALLY good! The "jupiter-8" issues Sean and I reported earlier appear to have been resolved (curious to know what it was). All my templates and programs using JP-8 modules sound back to "normal"

Good news  :)

The origin (no pun) was a couple of "sleeping" bugs in the modulation processing which were awaken after the resolving of another bug....

I am noticing that "hold" is no longer working for any programs using the arpeggiator. It's simply not holding the notes. I'm not sure if this is related to the other hold bug, but I'm loading v1.3.8 now to see if it's still an issue.

There's still a problem with Version_1.3.8 when you "hold" the notes while the arpeggiator is running. I'm currently working on it.

Origin Lead  Developer

Philippe

« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2011, 07:50:09 am »
I am noticing that "hold" is no longer working for any programs using the arpeggiator. It's simply not holding the notes.

I've just made a try with a 1.2.5 machine and it seems that the "don't hold arpeggio notes" is the way it has been working until 1.3.7.

So if I understand you correctly you would expect the arpeggio notes to be holded while sustain is ON. That's the way it works with the 1.3.8, but then ..... you get stuck notes as soon you release the sustain pedal  :-\

This bug put aside, the question is :

Should the arpeggio hold the notes or not?

Origin Lead  Developer

holografique

« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2011, 08:38:51 am »
I've just made a try with a 1.2.5 machine and it seems that the "don't hold arpeggio notes" is the way it has been working until 1.3.7.

maybe we aren't talking about the same type of "hold"? It has definitely been there since 1.2.5-1.3.11. Basically either pressing the "hold" button or using the sustain pedal to hold notes during an arpeggiation so that you can free up your hands for tweaking by leting go of the keyboard and the arpeggiation keeps going. This has DEFINITELY been there for sure since 1.2.x as I used it all the time during improv type takes in the studio.

Should the arpeggio hold the notes or not?

Yes, it needs to work like it did in my description above on all versions prior to v1.3.7

What would be a nice addition is also for it to work like the Jupiter-6 (and maybe the Jupiter-8?). With the Jupiter-6 you are able to use both hands to create a nice complex chord arpeggiation, and then take both hands off the keyboard and press the HOLD button to take over the sustain pedal. Letting go of the sustain pedal causes no effect since the HOLD button has taken over.

Performing the same steps in the same order with the Origin results in the notes being completely released when letting go of the sustain pedal, even though the HOLD button was activated prior to releasing the pedal.

This makes it difficult in a live/jam situation where a musician wants to walk up to the synth, put their foot on the pedal, jam out a quick arppegiation using both hands, then take both hands off the keyboard (still with sustain pedal held) and push HOLD so you can then walk away and tweak some other synth (or pick up a guitar or hand-drum and start playing).

« Last Edit: January 04, 2011, 08:40:38 am by holografique »

Philippe

« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2011, 12:58:14 pm »
OK, I was focused on the actual bug and misunderstood what you meant. I've made a fix - not fully tested yet - and now it's (re)working as it did in 1.2.5.
Origin Lead  Developer

holografique

« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2011, 03:07:00 am »
awesome. ready to test when you are :)

guardner

• Beta-testers
    • Instagram
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2011, 01:10:23 pm »
I don't know if you fixed the annoying "bug" (?) that everytime i restart Origin the MainVolume is set to "quiet" and i have to reset the mainvolume again to my output volume...

;)

greetz,
marcus
macOS 10.14.6, MatrixBrute, V-Collection7, Pigments, all FX and more...

holografique

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 03:00:58 am »
I don't know if you fixed the annoying "bug" (?) that everytime i restart Origin the MainVolume is set to "quiet" and i have to reset the mainvolume again to my output volume...

you know, that's happened to me a number of times and somehow I didn't even pay attention to it, thinking I just left the volume turned down or it got MIDI control messages at some point during a track.

so yea, this is a confirmed bug on my end as well.

Freakyfreekie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 10:29:01 am »

you know, that's happened to me a number of times and somehow I didn't even pay attention to it, thinking I just left the volume turned down or it got MIDI control messages at some point during a track.

so yea, this is a confirmed bug on my end as well.

Same here, connected to a Korg Oasys, the origin desktop is sometimes completely muted, several restarts are necessary to get volume back. It seems origin does not like multiple midi signals as produced by Karma from the Oasys.  Connected to an m-audio ozonic, everything is ok untill I use the joystick, then the origin mutes as well. I hope I succeed uploading this firmware as the former versions resulted in the " newer firmware issue" with the connection program, in osx and xp as well....

moogy blues

• Acoustic Focus
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 10:49:28 am »
Is there an issue with the expression pedal function? Making a connection in the performance section does not appear to link to the parameter function in my case
Using 1.3.8

Freakyfreekie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 10:59:37 am »
Just what I have been affraid of...it is not possible to do the update, see picture.

Freakyfreekie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2011, 11:07:52 am »
Sorry, no picture but this is the message: The origin firmware is too recent for this version of origin connection, please download the latest version etc.etc. I do not understand this at all. I have downloaded 1.3.8 and this must be the latest version, right?
How is it possible that I get this message? I have see several posts here reagrding this issue and have tried all the suggestions of forum members (deleted alla arturia / origin files looked in the preferences) but still this annoying thing. :'(

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines