April 25, 2024, 07:40:23 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: HELP!!!! Need sequencer explaining...  (Read 2082 times)

kidharpoon

HELP!!!! Need sequencer explaining...
« on: January 15, 2011, 02:09:50 am »
Hi,

I'm having real difficulty getting my head round the sequencer. I never really use sequencers, but having constructed a few drum kits it would be nice to be able to program them. Also, its something I know I'll benefit from if I can get my head round it.

Rather than explaining what I can't do, which may confuse the issue, can anyone give me a step by step guide on how to get a drum sequence going from a pre-created multi preset.

I've read everything in the manual and seen the videos (even the ones in german), but nothing's clicking and I can't even get a simple kick drum sequence going.

HELP!!!!!

Superwaldi

Re: HELP!!!! Need sequencer explaining...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 02:47:30 pm »

Maybe it helps to analyze a preset, which shows Origin's drumcomputer capabilities.

Important is to unlight the "lock" button. Light the "trig" button. Choose on the right side the sequence with the sound you want to edit. e.g. Bassdrum. Now the triggers are shown and can be set.

May this give a clue how it generally works. I remember there is a passage in the manual which guides you a little bit through the sequencer. There are many more possibilities than triggering drums sounds. ^^

kidharpoon

Re: HELP!!!! Need sequencer explaining...
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 08:39:14 pm »
I think the problem I was having with the sequencer was actually a problem in the firmware I was using. It was on a certain patch I was trying to sequence. After playing around with the patch a bit more my Origin crashed and showed an error screen.

Working with the sequencer on other patches seems to be working as normal so far.

Still, I think some in depth youtubes on the origin from some of you more experienced users would be very cool. I'm a songwriter that uses synthesis within my productions, so I'm no expert and find some of it confusing.

However, when I get my head fully round every part of this instrument I know its going to be invaluable to me.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines