April 26, 2024, 10:39:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin Golden Master (?) Version 1.3.7  (Read 13750 times)

Philippe

Origin Golden Master (?) Version 1.3.7
« on: December 31, 2010, 06:08:17 pm »
Hi all,

A new version of Origin firmware 1.3 (Version_1.3.7) is available for download. You can get the update file here:

http://www.arturia.net/filesharing/www/?action=d&id=44839090908905456845968623938

The downloaded archive contains a document describing the installation procedure and a quick look at the new features.

As usual do not forget to first install the version of Origin Connection which is included in the update package.

Many fixes have been made to improve the reliability of this version. Some recent bugs have been hard to fix which explain the delay since the last "RC" version. We consider this version as a strong candidate for a final release. So please try it and give us some feedback.

Thanks a lot to all the people who participated to the public beta test phase. All your suggestions have been really useful and helped us a lot to finalize this new firmware.

Have fun.
Origin Lead  Developer

Vangen

Re: Origin Golden Master (?) Version 1.3.7
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 05:13:04 am »
An apparent repeatable serious bug my with Origin Keyboard running Ver 1.3.7 can be created by:
1) Calling up Preset 0043 "Heaven Guitar" (via preset page)
2) Playing multiple notes quickly with heavy use of the sustain pedal
When suddenly:
a) 1st indication of a fault is the sudden halt of audio output
b) 2nd affects is strange behavior with numerical keyboard call-ups of subsequent Presets (example: 0123 calls up 0100)
c) Final effect is total lockup of all buttons (requires reboot of Origin Keyboard)

I hope this has been helpful to the Arturia team, and that the problem can be easily recreated & resolved.  Thanks for for the opportunity for beta testing, and I look forward to the final release.

holografique

« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 08:05:04 am »
updating now as we speak....excited....

Philippe

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 01:37:20 pm »
An apparent repeatable serious bug my with Origin Keyboard running Ver 1.3.7 can be created by:
1) Calling up Preset 0043 "Heaven Guitar" (via preset page)
2) Playing multiple notes quickly with heavy use of the sustain pedal

Can you reproduce this crash while continuously holding the sustain pedal (or simpler while the "Hold" switch is set ON)?
Origin Lead  Developer

Vangen

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 04:47:00 pm »
As you suggested to try, I used the 'hold' button while playing the keyboard and was not able to cause the problem.  However; as soon as the 'hold' button was pressed again to release the sustain the problem was immediate.  After rebooting, I was able to recreate the problem with holding the sustain pedal down for a long period while playing, but on the immediate release of the pedal the loss of audio error occurred.

It appears that the "loss of audio" problem (and subsequent crash of the system) is directly tied to the release of the sustain pedal (or 'hold' button) after a long series of played notes.

Hope this helps.  Have you been able to recreate the problem?

Philippe

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 05:40:41 pm »
It appears that the "loss of audio" problem (and subsequent crash of the system) is directly tied to the release of the sustain pedal (or 'hold' button) after a long series of played notes.

Hope this helps.

Yes, definitely because it tells me precisely where to look in the code.

Have you been able to recreate the problem?

Not yet, I'm not at work right now and I don't have an Origin keyboard at home.
Origin Lead  Developer

Philippe

« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 04:03:30 pm »
A new version of Origin firmware 1.3 ( Version_1.3.8 ) is available for download. You can get the update file here:

http://www.arturia.net/filesharing/www/?action=d&id=03090848843436843316357426025

This version should fix the "release hold" crash reported by Vangen in this forum thread. Otherwise it's exactly the same as Version_1.3.7.
Origin Lead  Developer

Fafababa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 07:30:00 pm »
I'm trying the 1.3.7.
First, a small thing, is the preset 410 (Warm Brass) really supposed to be found in the piano category?
Second, sometimes, while in the preset mode or the edit mode (and maybe others), the Seq button lights on while the mode doesn't change (though the button referring to the mode i'm really in is turned off). Doesn't seem to be a big problem but it's strange.
I'll keep trying things...

Vangen

« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 11:06:14 pm »
Quick test of 1.3.8 confirms fix of the sustain/hold release bug found in 1.3.7.  I was unable to recreate the original problem after multiple attempts to do so.  Thanks for the quick turnaround on troubleshooting/resolving the problem.  Hope the "Gold" release is coming closer.

Jeruro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 08:20:02 am »
I'm trying the 1.3.7.
First, a small thing, is the preset 410 (Warm Brass) really supposed to be found in the piano category?
Second, sometimes, while in the preset mode or the edit mode (and maybe others), the Seq button lights on while the mode doesn't change (though the button referring to the mode i'm really in is turned off). Doesn't seem to be a big problem but it's strange.
I'll keep trying things...

I reported the same issue in "Topic: 1.3 firmware sneak preview". See the last post and you can see attached photo wih the bug.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 08:22:43 am by Jeruro »

paulshillito

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 03:47:55 pm »
I don't know if i'm missing something here but I when a brought back my presets from 1.2.5 backup one at a time they are not what they should be, its as if the names have  been mixed up and they are not loading the sounds i saved, is the 1.3 release compatible with preset made under 1.2.5?

Also the large data encoder still does not do what it should, it's a bit better but not much and parameters controlled by it still go up and down almost randomly at anything approaching normal operation speed, it will only work reliabley when you move it a click at a time which is not a practicle proposition, if you turn it quickly it fails to work altogether.
In a previouse post i saw that someone said an encoder won't work if turned too fast, sorry but i have other equipement, synths, amps and effects with digital encoders and none of them fail to work no matter how fast you turn them and judging by the number if times that this has been mentioned and fixes tried that i can only assume that the encoders themselves are at fault or it would have been fixed by now.

Paul

Philippe

« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 04:12:18 pm »
Hmmmm  ???

1.2.5 presets are compatible with 1.3.x firmware.

Could you get the update logs and send them to us?

The logs are located here:

PC XP:
        C:\Documents and Settings\"user_name"\Application Data\Origin Connection

PC Vista:
        C:\Users\"user_name"\AppData\Roaming\Origin Connection

Mac:
        /Users/"user_name"/Library/Origin Connection

Make a zip of the whole folder "Origin Connection" so that we are sure to get the relevant logs.

Concerning your large encoder it may been broken, you should open a case with the support because since the fix included in the latest version you should be able to use your encoder at a "reasonable" speed without problem.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 04:24:21 pm by philwick »
Origin Lead  Developer

Fafababa

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 04:26:32 pm »
My large encoder doesn't really work well either... I think it's the first synth I have that when I turn the knob I'm not sure which way the selection will go.

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 05:53:19 pm »
no preset problems here. seem to be a very stable version.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2011, 07:44:15 pm »
I haven't tested this version, but all the same I'll add my voice to those concerned about the encoders. On my unit too, the encoders (not just the big dial) copes badly with being turned fast. This is not a problem with the encoders themselves, but seemingly with the decoding process. I urge Arturia to fix this IMO important issue.

DJ
--

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines