March 28, 2024, 07:39:14 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Appeal to make GUI larger  (Read 16085 times)

Gothboy

• Dymaxion Vehicle
Appeal to make GUI larger
« on: November 13, 2010, 12:10:43 am »
     OK I love the ARP2600V.  Juat an amazing synth that you could spend a lifetime tweaking and playing...which is why I'm posting:  You've got to make the GUI larger so we can see the synth, sequencer and keyboard all at once.  I know I know...it will use more cpu...or will it?  I don't know....but patching cords while you're working in a Pro Tools session can be very sticky buisness with the GUI getting slow to reach up into the top or bottom depending on which direction you're patching.
     There's no reason the window can't be fully seen...the Prophet can show both synths at the same time why not the ARP?
Mac Pro 3.1,2x2.80 GHz. Intel Xeon Quad core 16GB RAM
2 OS drives: El Capitain 10.11.6\Mountain Lion 10.8.5 Ableton Live Suite 9.7.7\10.0.2
V collection 3, SparkLE 2.1, Beatstep

johnallan

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Appeal to make GUI larger
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 12:12:12 am »
Yes please!

It's an easy fix. You (Arturia developers) have turned off in the code, the ability to resize the window. By permitting one to simply resize the window, the window could be adjusted to show as much as desired per the resolution of the screen.

Please!

John

Richi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2012, 03:31:13 pm »
I second that. Why do I have a 1920x1200 screen with pivot function (so I can use 1200 x 1920) and then observe an artifically reduced window of some VST?

R.

lyford

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 05:02:47 am »
Add my vote to this as well!

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 03:18:20 pm »
now... imagine these VSTs on a 15" 2880x1800 screen ;)

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2013, 01:15:46 am »
Any way of resizing the GUI would me most appreciated, but there seem to be no response to this request,- would really make it easier if we could scale it up a bit.
PC with Windows 10 - 64bit., 16gb RAM, IntelCore i7 3770 CPU  3,40ghz.
FL Studio  20 Studio Edition
V-Collection, Pigments, Bazille, Blue2, Eiosis AirEQ, Largo, GO2, Speakerphone, Blade,PolyKB II, Synthix, V+, Matrix, Lector, Minimonsta, Spark VDM, Xils4, Xils5000, OB-XA V, Polymoog, Synthi V, NAVE.

TheAndyMac

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2013, 01:02:23 pm »
Absolutely agree with both comments here, need to be able to expand the VSTi and also need to be able to zoom the GUI as, on high res screens, the controls become almost unusable. This really should be done across most of the products as well - especially this, Modular and CS80 (although others would also benefit from it).

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2013, 04:14:36 pm »
I've sent a request directly to Arturia regarding this (on their Facebook-account), and I would think that this could be solved in some time.
Rob Papen's BLADE and all the plugins from Xils-Lab has an enlargment-option, so I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible here.

Hey, they might even make some smarter solutions, with area or module-specific zooming, the plugins are impressive as they are, so I certainly believe they have the know-how to do it.  :-)
V-Collection, Pigments, Bazille, Blue2, Eiosis AirEQ, Largo, GO2, Speakerphone, Blade,PolyKB II, Synthix, V+, Matrix, Lector, Minimonsta, Spark VDM, Xils4, Xils5000, OB-XA V, Polymoog, Synthi V, NAVE.

prestonj

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 05:33:06 pm »
It would be great to increase the size of the UI for this plugin. Considering the lack of posts in the forum I'm guessing this is a lost cause...

Too bad  :-\

simon194

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2014, 07:03:17 pm »
I'm guessing the background of the GUI is a bitmap rather than a scalable object which is why window resizing is disabled.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 01:33:23 am »
I find the 2600 gui large enough on my 27 inch iMac. You want a tiny gui? Try the Prophet V, the CS80, and the Jupiter 8 for starters.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

Futureline

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 02:26:00 am »
Many people think the GUI is too small, that may be due to your sight, just as some people are happy with the size (as they are more lucky with their sight),- it still seem to be a problem for more than just a few, that some option to adjust this would be preferable for most people.

However, the Arturia folks have given a few feedbacks on that the requests are noted, but not as yet, been given the priority and resources to actually go thru with this redesign-project yet.

jackn2mpu

« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 03:00:45 am »
Many people think the GUI is too small, that may be due to your sight, just as some people are happy with the size (as they are more lucky with their sight),- it still seem to be a problem for more than just a few, that some option to adjust this would be preferable for most people.

However, the Arturia folks have given a few feedbacks on that the requests are noted, but not as yet, been given the priority and resources to actually go thru with this redesign-project yet.
I'm not going to negate the issue due to one's personal sight issues whether age related or elsewise but for me, at least (and I'm 62 and wear bifocals), the current 2600 gui is fairly large and readable, as compared to the CS80 or Jupiter 8. The Mg Modular, for as crowded as it is, is far more readable than either of the two I just mentioned.

I know there are tricks to making things look larger on a computer screen that are available to the end user like us but it's not something you want to rely on for any length of time. And not everyone has the physical space in their studio or the money to have more than 1 monitor screen for their computer.
musicman691
Qapla!
MacPro 2012 cheesgrater
OSX 10.13.6
3.46 GHz hex core cpu
48 gig ram

WattSekunde

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2015, 02:26:58 am »
I've sent a request directly to Arturia regarding this (on their Facebook-account), and I would think that this could be solved in some time.
Rob Papen's BLADE and all the plugins from Xils-Lab has an enlargment-option, so I see no reason why it shouldn't be possible here.

Hey, they might even make some smarter solutions, with area or module-specific zooming, the plugins are impressive as they are, so I certainly believe they have the know-how to do it.  :-)

And the all the nice u-he plugins.

Yes, Arturia remake the GUI GFX, please.

ArguZ

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2015, 10:47:35 am »
Half a year ago i got a mail from Arturia that says they want to fix it for V5.

I know it might be complicated to implement a true scaling, but at least a second version with double the resolution would fix it for the iMac users and the 2650 pixel display.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines