March 19, 2024, 10:50:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: question about dual mode  (Read 4020 times)

w-berg

question about dual mode
« on: November 11, 2010, 02:17:37 pm »
i have a real jupiter 8 and if i switch it to dual mode the lower layer goes to the left output and the higher layer to the right output. so if i set the same preset for both layers i get a nice super-stereo sound.

is it possible to get the same effect with the plug-in aswell?

whatever i try, both layers always stay in the middle of the stereo field and start phasing when choosing the same sound for both.

samplethesilence

• Apprentice
Re: question about dual mode
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 09:14:33 pm »
I used to own a JP8 as well, and was disappointed to learn that JP8V does not have the capability to separate lower and upper into 2 audio channels. They are mixed internally. What's worse, the detune knob in JP8V changes the pitch of ALL voices equally in relation to each other, regardless of upper or lower, so you cannot simulate voice tolerances for pitch(subtle offsets for the controls between each voice, including VCO2 detune).
Both of these are what made the wide stereo sound of the JP8, in dual and unison mode, possible. I think Arturia did a fantastic job emulating the various modules in a Jupiter 8 voice, but they dropped the ball on dual mode.

If you have a very, very fast computer, you can run 2 instances of JP8V, and use presets to configure something like a DUAL mode configuration. The FX preset drop-down in Reaper is the fastest way I know to set this up. Combine that with a controller that sends Midi CC's to BOTH instances simultaneously, and you're only missing one thing from the real JP8: Voice tolerances.

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
Re: question about dual mode
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 01:40:28 am »
i have a real jupiter 8 and if i switch it to dual mode the lower layer goes to the left output and the higher layer to the right output. so if i set the same preset for both layers i get a nice super-stereo sound.

is it possible to get the same effect with the plug-in aswell?

whatever i try, both layers always stay in the middle of the stereo field and start phasing when choosing the same sound for both.
One almost wished to have a Pan knob as part of the parameters to set each patch Left/Right, then it would be easy to set Lower to Left and Upper to Right...

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines