March 28, 2024, 04:44:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Upgrade from Analog Factory Experience to Analog Laboratory  (Read 13608 times)

jeriqo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Upgrade from Analog Factory Experience to Analog Laboratory
« on: November 06, 2010, 02:31:59 pm »
Hello,

I'd like to know if it is possible to upgrade from the original Analog Factory Experience to the brand new Analog Laboratory.
Software and/or hardware.
If I buy the new Analog Laboratory, I won't have anymore use for the older/smaller one.

Thanks

jonmoore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Upgrade from Analog Factory Experience to Analog Laboratory
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2010, 08:50:33 pm »
This seems a perfectly reasonable request to me. The main feature that appeals to me personally (and I'm sure to many others) is to search and filter sounds using the great Analog Factory engine and then be able to fully edit your selection with any of the full version of Arturia synths you happen to own. $299 (or the $249 introductory offer) seems a steep price for this functionality considering many people already own Analog Factory.

If any upgrade path is not going to be made available can you look to include the edit functionality within the existing Analog Factory product.

Many thanks in advance.

JM
------------
http://soundcloud.com/leftside-wobble

jonmoore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2010, 11:54:45 pm »
Just read a message from Thomas (Arturia) earlier this year where he makes reference to an upgrade offer for existing Analog Factory customers. Hopefully it should be made public sometime soon. http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=3785.0

Hello,

The Analog Laboratory is based on Analog Factory, adding a level of functionality by proposing the possibility to associate in layer or in split 2 patches from the 3500 initially provided. Secondly, these project patches will come with sequencing and rhythmic functionalities.

The "sound" (in opposition to project) patches will be editable for owners of the full version of the synthesizer. For instance, if you own Analog Laboratory and MiniMgV, you will be able to edit Analog Laboratory MiniMg patches.

Regarding the upgrade patch, it has no been clearly defined at that time, but there will be some upgrade offers to Analog Factory owners.

Hope this meets your expectations
Thomas

trailerman

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2010, 09:53:12 am »
Well, we have a release date and product information, along with details of a discount for the first 1000 purchasers, but nothing on upgrade pricing or how to buy.

I'm also an Analog Factory user and would be very grateful for any details on how we can pre-order or what the upgrade deal will be.

Many thanks for any feedback.

Jules
http://www.trailermen.com

jeriqo

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 02:26:09 pm »
I think the announcement was for the software only version "laboratory".
Not Analog experience laboratory.
Still a software upgrade would be welcomed.

Waiting for the hardware version...

Antoine

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2010, 04:06:53 pm »
An upgrade path from the Factory to the Laboratory will be setup early January 2011.
More details will come at this time.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2010, 04:09:07 pm by Antoine »
ex-Arturian

jonmoore

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 06:50:22 pm »
An upgrade path from the Factory to the Laboratory will be setup early January 2011.

Thanks for the official response on this but it seems highly unusual to me that an upgrade for loyal customers comes after the product is made available to non customers.  :(

aaron aardvark

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 06:37:28 am »
I own Analog Factory and Prophet V.  Sometimes I'll find a cool sound on Analog Factory, and it has the same patch name in Prophet V.  So, if I find a nice Analog Factory patch with a Prophet 5/VS sound, I go to the Prophet V software and see if I can find it there.  Not easy to remember all of those patches.

buegna

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 05:36:02 pm »

Thanks for the official response on this but it seems highly unusual to me that an upgrade for loyal customers comes after the product is made available to non customers.  :(

I agree.
Who has more experience and will evangelize Analog Lab more than existing users of Analog Factory?
This is the first time I've seen a company, any company, not provide an instant  upgrade path to their existing customers to their new spotlight product.
 :( :(

doperdeluxe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2010, 01:21:51 pm »
Ok, so I've noticed you can now upgrade to laboratory from factory for 49 euros.

How will this work if I own the experience keyboard? will I be able to use my experience keyboard with it, i.e will it sync with the laboratory interface but just leave redundant controls, or will the experience keyboard still appear but I'll be able to do the in depth editing with Arturias soft synths?

I was going to buy the v-collection if I can edit the presets within laboratory, but before I purchase either the upgrade or the v-collection, I'd like to know details of if & how this will work with experience as I can't seem to find this on the website, anyone know?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 01:27:01 pm by doperdeluxe »

doperdeluxe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2010, 06:48:34 pm »
Have installed the demo and indeed it does work with experience, it does use up rather more CPU though. On the first arp2600 patch which takes up about 8 or 9% in factory, on Lab 13 or 14%. I tried to use it in the keyboard split mode and it went up to something ridiculous and crashed ableton! I'll give it another go shortly..

aaron aardvark

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2010, 11:51:45 pm »
doperdeluxe,
Thank you for your report!  Please continue to do so.  It is a known bug that Analog Factory's 2.5 Jupiter 8 won't allow you to adjust chorus effect & delay effect amounts.  Does Laboratory still have this bug?

doperdeluxe

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2010, 12:20:31 am »
Funny you should ask that, but I was just going through the Jupiter8 presets earlier and I remember thinking I couldn't change the amount of delay or chorus which I thought was weird, I'll check this out tomorrow & make sure I didn't just imagine this..

aaron aardvark

« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2010, 12:54:04 am »
On the Arturia website, where it talks about Laboratory, it shows this:

"Limited time upgrades starting at EUR 49!
If you are a registered user, log into your Arturia account to discover exceptional upgrade and crossgrade offers until December 31, 2010."

I live in the USA.  I clicked on the blue text "log into your Arturia account", and it says nothing about being able to upgrade from Analog Factory (which I currently own) to Laboratory.  Maybe this is only currently in Europe?  My Prophet V registration shows up there, but it doesn't show my Analog Factory/Experience registered there.  Maybe this is why it says nothing of Laboratory.

Edit: OK, I just did the internet registration of my Analog Factory, now I can see I can upgrade to Laboratory for $69 until December 31st.  I am somewhat intrigued by Laboratory, but if I am working on a song in Cubase, I can just open another session/track of Analog Factory and layer sounds if I wish.  I also own Prophet V, but not convinced Laboratory is worth purchasing, but maybe I'm not understanding all of its features.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2010, 07:07:04 am by aaron aardvark »

justinf

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2010, 10:38:22 pm »
Antoine, I have an upgrade question: if I go ahead and upgrade the software for $69 from my Factory to Laboratory, will this count toward the planned hardware upgrade in January?  Thanks, Justin

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines