April 19, 2024, 10:26:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Trying to use old MiniMg patches  (Read 5332 times)

mmyers6167

Trying to use old MiniMg patches
« on: April 02, 2004, 02:07:47 am »
I just got my MiniMg V this week and I absolutely love it!!!!!  My question is not a real big concern in the grand scheme of things but I pulled out a very old book called Sound Charts:  MiniMg by Tom Rhea.  This is an old book of MiniMg patches from the 1970s published by Mg Music.  I thought it would be interesting to program a bunch of those patches on the Mini V and save them so I could call them up quickly.  The deal though is, they don't sound right on the Mini V and they definitely don't sound the same as they did on the real thing.  Any reasons why not?

Of course I can't complain because all the cool patches that came with the MiniMg V sound light years better than the stuff in my old patch book.

mmyers

xavier

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2004, 08:34:28 am »
One major difference between the real and the virtual miniMg,is the way the oscillators are tunning. To be more usefull with the mouse, the oscillators are coarse tunning by semi-tone with right click, and fine tunning with left click. On the real miniMg the oscillators was tunning from about +/-  one octave with one knob.
For the square, the virtual can output a totally 50% pulse square, the real miniMg not, so you have to tune the pulse width by right click on the wave form selector.

kidgloves2

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2004, 01:19:38 am »
Any way to make it more like the original??

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines