March 28, 2024, 03:11:00 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Origin Users  (Read 25189 times)

technosoul

Origin Users
« on: September 29, 2010, 06:34:20 am »

Been watching youtube videos and reading various online forums about this machine. It seems like it would be a great piece to have but man the bugs seem crazy - especially in areas most viable to electronic music - sequencing, sound cut outs, midi, stuck notes, glitchy knobs.

Now seriously guys - you all seem to like your purchase, but would you buy it again even at its new 2K discount price - even though the product is pretty much in development stage.

2K still is alot to bank on a company still in development that could go belly up easily. I wouldnt say the internet reviews are all that good.

would like to hear everyones feedback, even the makers of arturia. Where will arturia be in 5 years?

Superwaldi

Re: Origin Users
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 07:00:20 am »
I bought the Origin with FW 1.06 and was very disappointed by all the bugs. At this stage I definately wouldn't have bought it again.

Although there ae some minor bugs I am happy with 1.2.5. and would buy a new Origin, if mine is stolen. I really love the sound, the concept of programming and the features of the unit.

I really hope Arturia is keeping promises for additional modules (and fx) and VST-Integration in near future.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 03:19:54 pm by Superwaldi »

Syndromeda

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 07:58:35 am »
For me the same story as above, and now with OS 1.25 all problems are gone on my machine. YES! I would buy it again, it's one of the greatest synths (very cool look and incredible good sounding) and it can only get better  :)
Life is music and music is life.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 03:56:39 pm »
I got mine at a discounted price, and I'm glad I did. I got in at v1.21, and haven't really been hit very hard by the bugs (strangely...). Fortunately, it will only get better from here with more fixes and features. I would not give up this synth - it's just so much fun and good sounding.

With the Origin, I was willing to "take a chance" to get something unique and support a small innovative company in the process. They sure contribute to make the synth market less boring.

More sentiments from users here.

DJ
--

technosoul

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 07:45:12 pm »
Thanks for your replies.

Jeruro

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 08:28:49 pm »
i can say there are some bugs and they should work hard with the OS also i think will be one of the best synthesizers in the future if they no stop development.

MindPoP_

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2011, 11:14:09 pm »
I would not buy it again. And I refuse to sell it because I would feel like a lying theif.

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2011, 07:18:33 pm »
MindPop,
 the last email we received from you back in June 2009 when we inquired about how your new Origin was working for you, was:
"My Origin rules, I am playing it now, writing a song with it"

Also, you posted on this forum in February 2010 to the question :Who owns an Origin?":
"I have one in Las Vegas NV USA and it rules. I have alot of fun with it."

Nothing else since then.
I am puzzled by your posts today.

Sean

bigboi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2011, 06:28:46 pm »
Until they offer somekind of phone tech support, DO NOT BUY IT.  I have said before, it sounds AWESOME, but it is so buggy that you will spend alot of your time trying to get it to work as advertised. 

Niccolo

• Administrator
  • Arturia developer
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2011, 11:09:08 am »
but it is so buggy that you will spend alot of your time trying to get it to work as advertised. 

The fact that you are experiencing an issue with the USB connection between Origin and your computer is not enough to say that is is "so buggy". We have been working for 2 years now to make it more and more stable and reliable, the 1.2.5 firmware is quite good, and the 1.3 which is about to be released is very clean and should never crash.

Your problem may be only a matter of USB ports, so it is possible that it has nothing to do with Origin. Anyway I can guarantee you that most Origin users do not have this problem and are able to connect to the Origin with Origin Connection. Now there's also the possibility that we have a bug that appears only in your particular computer configuration, and in this case we just have to discuss sensibly and we will resolve it.
But at least, instead of posting the same thing on tons of threads, you should answer to the question I asked you here:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/smf/index.php?topic=4306.0

synthguy99

« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2011, 03:58:32 am »
Even if Arturia hadn't improved it past OS v 1.2.5, I would still have bought it.  Being able to combine elements of some of the most desired synthesizers in our history in a patchable modular instrument, and sounding so good that Bob Mg himself endorsed it - well, the Mg Modular V anyway, makes the Origin an indispensable part of any synthesist's arsenal.

Yes, I want more added to it.  I want the CS-80 template very much.  I want Arturia to make Prophet 5 modules for it, as well as Oberheim modules at some point.  But with an instrument this powerful, I've been able to make some convincing replacements with what Arturia gave me on board.  And jeepers, did I mention that it sound so good?   ;)
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

von haulshoven

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 10:04:59 am »
Hi folks,
just bought a second hand Origin, what a machine, super.

a great assistant for my "stone age sequences"
http://www.myspace.com/126175505

MartijnS

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2011, 09:13:57 pm »
I also bought one second hand and I must say I have/had quite a few synths but I am really impressed, I love this synth.

Martijn

analogfreek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2011, 03:12:36 am »
I got mine in June of 2011 it's the only synth I have played since the day it arrived. And I have 13 other synths and a ton of plugins. I get lost in this synth hours at a time. Only bug I suffer from is backlight issues intermittently. Can't wait to see what new features they add hope they add oberheim sem that would be icing on the cake to this great synth.

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2019, 10:24:52 pm »
I bought the Origin with FW 1.06 and was very disappointed by all the bugs. At this stage I definately wouldn't have bought it again.

Although there ae some minor bugs I am happy with 1.2.5. and would buy a new Origin, if mine is stolen. I really love the sound, the concept of programming and the features of the unit.
I highly recommend updating to the latest firmware, version 1.4.1 to get the Jupiter 8 template, several new modules, fx and other features as well as bug fixes. Unfortunately this is still not on the Origin resource page. This has been mentioned a few times and needs fixing - Arturia?

Anyway, here are the links:
Origin firmware v 1.4.1
Origin user manual update v 1.4.1

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines