April 25, 2024, 04:44:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Preset mapping  (Read 3840 times)

Syndromeda

Preset mapping
« on: September 15, 2010, 03:48:00 pm »
Hi,
It's always frustrating to re-arrange all your own presets after installing a new OS.
Could it maybe be solved just by adding another preset map (or more than one or free configurable), where you could keep you own presets. The way it works now is sure not good!
Greetz,
Syndromeda
Life is music and music is life.

Antoine

Re: Preset mapping
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 02:03:13 pm »
We are working on a new programs (factory & user) management, we should discuss your proposal.
Thanks for helping us to improve these instruments!
ex-Arturian

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 02:40:27 pm »
Aaargh, sorry! I meant preset management for the V-classics line of synths, not the Origin!
You will surely have corrected by yourself; I am dripping a couple of coffee pints.  :-\
ex-Arturian

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 07:25:25 pm »
Syndromeda,

have you been using the "Backup" feature in the Action menu of Origin Connection?

With this feature, you don't need to "re-arrange" all your presets.
When you reload a whole backup ("Reload existing Backup"), all your presets should be the same way they were before the update.

The only thing that might need re-arranging are your MULTIs that were using Factory Presets which have changed with the new update, but that's not many (for instance, between V1.1 and V1.2, only 6 out of 400 factory presets were changed).

Of course, if you are using "Sound Banks" rather than whole "Backups", you can reload programs in any order you want, which might imply some re-arranging.

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 07:42:34 pm »
hello,

this has been discussed some months ago. I think that syndro is talking about the fact that when a OS update is coming out , it has a number of new presets which are added from slot 400 to....depending of the number of new presets.
If you have saved user presets they will jump from there original slot. it's difficult to explain, example:

you have programmed 5 sounds (user presets) and you saved them in slots from 400 to 404.  You update your origin, the update contains news presets by arturia sound designers. those will be saved from slot 400 too. so if you want to keep the presets from the upadte you have reload your own sounds elsewhere what may be annoying if you use them in sequence with program changes.
of course you can save the new presets from the update to a new sound bank, reload your own sounds where there were saved and reload the OS update sounds to other slots, but that is really annoying.

I can't find the thread that talked about that a few month ago. but maybe the best solution is to propose the new presets from arturia as a seperate file, instead of put them in the OS update, or made a script in the update that won't overwrite user saved presets slots.

:)

Syndromeda

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2010, 05:06:01 pm »
That was exactly what I meant. THX.
Life is music and music is life.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines