March 19, 2024, 12:17:53 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: mini Mg vs all the rest  (Read 2051 times)

tjjohn61@yahoo.co.uk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
mini Mg vs all the rest
« on: August 10, 2010, 07:25:11 pm »
Hi everyone.

Just curious, I have an Arturia CS-80, but I just bought a MiniMg V...at first I was thrilled with the Mini, but after a few a few days I realised that the good old CS was far more versatile. I bought the Mini because so many rock stars used it. But which one is more versatile? I think the CS-80 does far more than the Mini. Please advise on the other analogue synths Arturia does. I find the ARP hard to learn, and the Modular Mg something Einstein would invent to justify his theories.

Cheers

Tim

Denis

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
    • Arturia
Re: mini Mg vs all the rest
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 01:43:17 pm »
Hi Tim,

Well your choice for a new synth will mainly depend on:
- The kind of sounds you are looking for
- How far do you want to go on programing you own presets

The Analog Factory is without any doubt the easier Arturia synth. It's also quite versatile as it contain presets from all the 6 synths of the V Collection. On the other site you have much less choice on the parameters you can customize.

ARP 2600 V and Mg Modular V are actually the more complicated (presets are great!).

MiniMg V sounds great and has usually been used for its mythic bass sound. It's also pretty easy to use. The original MiniMg was monophonic.

Prophet V, Jupiter V and CS-80V are three polyphonic synthesizers.

My best advise is to give a try to "The One". This product allows you to test all of our synths for 15 days and then pick up the one you prefer. With the summer 2010 buy one get one free special offer you will then be able to use 2 new synths!

Hope this will help you!

Denis

Denis / Arturia Tech. Support

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines