April 17, 2024, 12:06:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: parameter loop  (Read 2061 times)

holografique

parameter loop
« on: August 08, 2010, 06:59:21 pm »
there seems to be a bug where occasionally a parameter within the modular structure of a patch will get caught in a loop. Meaning that if you keep turning the data entry knob (or a live encoder) it will allow the parameter to go from 0 to 100 and then loop back to 0 and keep going. It does not stop at the low or high value as it should.

this does not appear to be a physical issue with any of the knobs, because I can reproduce it with either a live encoder or the data entry dial. so I'm guessing it's a software issue.

please fix!

-o

paulshillito

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: parameter loop
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 03:06:23 pm »
I have found that you can recreate this bug if you use two mini-mixers in the patch. You will find that the first gain control (No 1) of the second mixer has this problem of not stopping at the end points, also its operation is reversed so when turning the encoder clockwise to increase the gain it actually decreases, this caused me some real head scatching wondering why I had no sound when it should have been on maximum  ???

Paul

Sean W

• Beta-testers
  • Arturia US
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 10:05:57 pm »
Yes, this is a bug we also found.
As far as we know, it only happens on the Gain1 control of miniMixer2, not on the other Gain controls and not on any other miniMixer.

holografique

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 10:27:12 pm »
yup, that's it. gain 1 of mixer 2. thanks for confirming Sean!

-omar

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines