April 26, 2024, 05:08:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Request: Live Encoders as input option for CVModulator  (Read 2041 times)

holografique

Request: Live Encoders as input option for CVModulator
« on: July 18, 2010, 06:45:57 pm »
can't imagine this would be hard to add. the live encoders to me are more valuable than the hardwired encoders. So it would be nice to be able to modify their response and output to custom needs.

-o

synthguy99

Re: Request: Live Encoders as input option for CVModulator
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 11:49:50 am »
I was wondering if we could use them as Modulator sources.  I guess not.  But that's such an outstanding and no-brainer of an idea, that really should be included in an OS update.  So many hardware synths have general purpose knobs or sliders which can be used to control more than one parameter in real time, and this is something I really need badly in the Origin, more than just assigning something to pressure or expression pedal.
One day, I want my keyboard studio to be a synth museum like Hans Zimmer's

p.s.  PRAY FOR THIS PLANET!!

tomeso

• Beta-testers
Re: Request: Live Encoders as input option for CVModulator
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 12:25:15 pm »
Hi,

first of all, you can use one of the (three) joystick(s) to modulate several parameters at once. Or use your mod wheel to control the cut off of several filters and the pitch of several VCOs and the speed of several LFOs with one move.

If that is not good enough, try to use the CVMOD module and use one of the encoders to control either the CV Gain or the DC Off Set. Now you can use the output of the CVMOD module to control several destinations with one move of the encoder. ... so there is your general purpose controller for macro modulation.  ;)

Cheers

Frank
"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines