March 28, 2024, 06:58:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: (!) Software Differences - The Factory versus The Lab  (Read 5608 times)

Jive Talking Robot

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
(!) Software Differences - The Factory versus The Lab
« on: June 18, 2010, 03:08:07 am »
So the website says: "The Laboratory software is our most advanced version of Analog Factory, giving you a new depth of access to the synth patches so you can really get in and customize the huge library of internationally designed presets. (Analog Experience - The Laboratory will let you truly experience Arturia’s trademark TAE® analog sound to the highest degree). A new project mode allows several sounds to be played at the same time with the addition of an innovative sequence manager. "

But is there a side by side breakout of the differences in software between "the Factory" and "The Lab"?  What will I be able to do on the Lab that I can't with the Factory?  Am I able to edit the arps and/or program my own?  This was the biggest limitation of the old version of this.  If I own all the Arturia synths, will I be able to "edit" the patchs... kind of like Kore is to Komplete? Finally, is there an upgrade patch?

Many thanks and I hope for a speedy reply, as I am anxious to purchase one of these packages.

Thomas@Arturia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: (!) Software Differences - The Factory versus The Lab
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2010, 08:56:33 am »
Hello,

The Analog Laboratory is based on Analog Factory, adding a level of functionality by proposing the possibility to associate in layer or in split 2 patches from the 3500 initially provided. Secondly, these project patches will come with sequencing and rhythmic functionalities.

The "sound" (in opposition to project) patches will be editable for owners of the full version of the synthesizer. For instance, if you own Analog Laboratory and MiniMgV, you will be able to edit Analog Laboratory MiniMg patches.

Regarding the upgrade patch, it has no been clearly defined at that time, but there will be some upgrade offers to Analog Factory owners.

Hope this meets your expectations
Thomas

Jessycd

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2011, 01:55:35 pm »
Hi !

I can't find any answer about my question, I wonder if we can use the Laboratory keyboard with other synths, like NI or IK Multimedia for example ?

Or even with effects plug-ins such as EQs, delay, compressor, etc... ?

Thank you !

Koshdukai

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2011, 04:22:51 pm »
I can't find any answer about my question, I wonder if we can use the Laboratory keyboard with other synths, like NI or IK Multimedia for example ?
You find it here:
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/AFE/intro.html
HARDWARE Specifications:
  • Keyboard : 32 keys with velocity and channel aftertouch
  • Controllers : 1 clickable encoder, 10 encoders, 4 sliders, 11 switches, 1 modulation wheel, 1 pitch bend wheel
  • Connectors: USB, MIDI out, Sustain, Expression and DC In
  • Ultra thin 32-key keyboard with velocity sensitivity and channel aftertouch
  • High quality aluminium and wooden case
  • Also functions as a universal MIDI controller
...so, you can use it just like any other generic MIDI controller with other MIDI input devices and/or soft-synths.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2011, 04:45:12 pm by Koshdukai »

artpunk

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • The Plastic Lens
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 03:33:02 pm »
I see a reply (in mid 2010) by an administrator here, Thomas, in 2010 talking about an upgrade patch from Factory to Laboratory. Could someone please tell me, Has ( or will there be) any upgrade pathway offered for owners of the Factory?
Information is not knowledge. Knowledge is not wisdom. Wisdom is not truth. Truth is not beauty. Beauty is not love. Love is not music. Music is the best…
Frank Zappa

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines