April 18, 2024, 09:23:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: activating a demo no serial number...1st hurdal...fail!  (Read 4384 times)

kevherb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
activating a demo no serial number...1st hurdal...fail!
« on: June 10, 2010, 06:04:45 pm »
i would love to try the miniMg as im ready to make the next synth purchase but im puzzled how i start it. i am on a MAC. i have dowloaded and been through the installation of both the miniMg and the license software. i have downloaded the pdf on how to install and set up an account went to register a new product but im then asked to enter the serial number which the pdf. shows is on the box which obviously i dont have i have only been emailed an activation code for the miniMg and the license software so at the very 1st stage im being asked for something i dont have and im concerned about the amount of things still to do just to try this if i already have troubles at this stage. im also concerned about other posts i see  about poor technical support?!

i must be overlooking something simple here right? like i said i would love to try the miniMg, i ve heard great thins about it and some of my favorite producers use it.

Antoine

Re: activating a demo no serial number...1st hurdal...fail!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2010, 06:18:18 pm »
You can claim a demo activation code here (redirected from the Demo page).
ex-Arturian

kevherb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2010, 08:40:05 pm »
i already have the activation code. it the serial number that i dont have and thats the 1st thing it asks for and also on the pdf. it shows that it is on the box that i dont have. i have tried to just press continue but it wants a serial number and according to the pdf. the activation code entry comes next.

Denis

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
    • Arturia
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2010, 01:45:15 pm »
Hi Kevherb,

You don't need any serial number to install the demo.

You said:

"i have downloaded the pdf on how to install and set up an account went to register a new product"

But, please consider that this pdf is not about installing a demo.

Make sure you are installing the demo version from this page:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/downloads/demos.html

All the best,

Denis
Denis / Arturia Tech. Support

kevherb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2010, 12:56:03 am »
so how do i get this to work? i install the synth and i install the license software and i cant open the synth because it says no license can be found and therefore a file could not be created. so my only other guide to setting this up is the set up pdf but it tells me to register it with aturia in "my account" but when i try to do that i select the miniMg from the list of instruments and it then asks for the serial number??  i realise that i dont get a serial number with a demo as the pdf only shows this coming from a box.

does any body have a step by step on installing the demo version or not so much installing but licensing/getting it to work.

i really hope the information i gave is enough to show whats happening as i really want to try this and if its as good as they say... buy it!

kevherb

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2010, 12:30:51 am »
Well I think this is long enough to safely say I am now being ignored and I beloved I am not the only one.
I have never seen such terrible support as I do here not just for me but for others who have spent money on the product.
I really wanted to try this and was serious about buying it but to have no support as a potential Costomer does not look good in terms of future support which is confirmed by reading other posts by people with problems who get told there is no problem. To those people I really hope you get your issues sorted but I will never buy anything from this company and will take my business to someone who values costumers existing and potential.
Good buy.

Denis

• Global Moderator
  • Apprentice
    • Arturia
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2010, 09:23:19 am »
Hi Kevherb,

I understand you're getting frustrated about this demo problem...but well, just as you said, i think you're overlooking something very simple.

You said "have only been emailed an activation code for the miniMg and the license".

Then copy this activation code.

Open your eLicenser Control Center, click on the "enter activation code" green button.

Paste your code.

And that's it!

The eLicenser will download your 15-day trial license and then you can start using your MiniMg.

I really hope this is clear,

Best regards,

Denis

Denis / Arturia Tech. Support

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines