March 28, 2024, 09:33:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Big Problem with OS 1.25  (Read 7266 times)

tomoe97

Big Problem with OS 1.25
« on: June 08, 2010, 06:53:29 pm »
I updated Origin to OS 1.25 and it rebooted without a hitch. Origin Connection indicated "Installation Finalized." However, now when I restart Origin Connection in order to reload my patches, Connection gives me an error message, saying it can't sync or reload preset info. At this point, Origin then freezes up. If Connection can't sync with Origin, then there's no way to downgrade to 1.21 either.  Come on, Arturia!!! These bugs should've been sorted out during beta-testing.

I'm running Origin Connection on a Mac with OS 10.5.8. Origin is connected directly to a USB2 port on my Mac Pro. Apple's System Profiler recognizes that Origin is connected. No DAW apps running.

How do I get Origin back to a state that Connection can recognize so that I can reload my patches (or downgrade to OS 1.21)?  :'(

Here's the error log for Origin Connection:

Origin Connection 1.2.0 (22581)
May 11 2010 14:15:51

Log started: 8 Jun 2010 10:08:18 am

CPU: GenuineIntel
Speed: 2800
Nb: 8
MMX: 1
SSE: 1
SSE2: 1
3DNow: 0

RAM: 2047 Mbytes

Preset path: /Users/tomoe97/Documents/Origin Connection/Presets/
App Data path: /Users/tomoe97/Library/Origin Connection/
Tmp path: /Users/tomoe97/Library/Caches/Origin Connection/Origin Connection/

Create MidiProxy WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!
Proxy created with success
Create communication threads
Software Revision: 1.3
OK
EZUSB VERSION = 900.3.035
Get /mnt/Bin/GVF.log
Transfering /mnt/Bin/GVF.log from Origin to Local in: /Users/tomoe97/Library/Caches/Origin Connection/Origin Connection/
Received a File Info Sysex
Nb expected chunk = 6
Received a binary Sysex. Nmr = 0/6 , token = 1
File Transfer completed

Get /mnt/Bin/VF.log
Transfering /mnt/Bin/VF.log from Origin to Local in: /Users/tomoe97/Library/Caches/Origin Connection/Origin Connection/
TIME OUT: transfer canceled
Error: UC update TIME OUT
Get /mnt/Bin/VF.log
Transfering /mnt/Bin/VF.log from Origin to Local in: /Users/tomoe97/Library/Caches/Origin Connection/Origin Connection/
Get /mnt/Bin/VF.log
Get /mnt/Bin/VF.log
Get /mnt/Bin/VF.log

Syncing with Origin

FileManagerThread::ProcessManagePresetStructCmd() ERROR: cmd failed
Get /mnt/DataFiles/ProgramsHeaders.ogn
Transfering /mnt/DataFiles/ProgramsHeaders.ogn from Origin to Local in: /Users/tomoe97/Library/Caches/Origin Connection/Origin Connection/
Transfering /mnt/DataFiles/ProgramsHeaders.ogn from Origin to Local in: /Users/tomoe97/Library/Caches/Origin Connection/Origin Connection/
FileManagerThread::ProcessManagePresetStructCmd() ERROR: cmd failed
Transfer Error
EZUSB VERSION = 900.3.035
Get /mnt/Bin/GVF.log
Transfering /mnt/Bin/GVF.log from Origin to Local in: /Users/tomoe97/Library/Caches/Origin Connection/Origin Connection/
Get /mnt/Bin/GVF.log
Get /mnt/Bin/GVF.log
Get /mnt/Bin/GVF.log
Kill MainManager thread
Kill FWUdt thread
OK
Kill FM thread
OK
Disconnect from proxy
OK

« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:51:30 pm by tomoe97 »

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
Re: Big Problem with OS 1.25
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:07:39 pm »
same here !  hurry up guys !!! :P

moogy blues

• Acoustic Focus
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 09:44:21 pm »
Normally I can upload no problem but this time has been a right pain!

I tried on Windows 7 last night and after processing the patches OK the
main upload started. This reached an impressive 2% over several hours  :-\

I tried uploading through vista tonight and got to 96% at which point it stuck for ages. After reading the above posts I cancelled the upload.

Does the origin connection version need to be updated from 1.2 (included with the 1.25 download)?

Certainly something up with this one

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 10:06:01 pm »
you always have to update origin connection when it's in the package of the update.  but this time, it does not make the trick. i'm sure arturia guys will come tomorrow with a solution.

nanotone

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 10:14:15 pm »
After updating to 1.2.5 I have got the same problem: Origin Connection isn't able to connect to my Origin anymore.  >:(

Cord

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2010, 04:39:20 am »
I had the same error and in addition to not syncing with the synth the update did not make an automatic backup of my sounds.

Here is what I did and got it syncing. Start the origin connection program, reboot the origin while leaving the connection program open. Miracilly I got it syncing after a while of waiting. I got to use my 1.2.1 backup that covers most of my sounds.

This is the first time I had problems updating and the missing backup will make many people really unhappy.

Superwaldi

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 08:49:04 am »
Same her under WinXP.  ::)

I'm happy to make manually backups before updating the FW.

After the update Origin was found by the Connect Software, but it couldn't sync.

I removed USB connection, made a backup of my sound folder and deinstalled connect. Moreover I removed USB device drivers for Origin (there are 2. To remove I used the programm USBdeview). I reboot the computer and installed Origin Connect again.

I plugged in Origin via USB to the computer and drivers were installed automatically.

=> Now it works as it should be.

Another point I figured out earlier is that it is more convinient to use always the same USB port on your computer.

Niccolo

• Administrator
  • Arturia developer
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 09:25:34 am »
Hello all,
sorry for the inconvenience, this is a bug that seems to appear only if Origin is updated from a 1.2.1 to a 1.2.5 firmware.
The solution is to go to the [Home] page, select the [SETTING] tab, and choose [Reset], then confirm by pressing the [Enter] button. Then reboot Origin. Now Origin Connection should be able to connect again.

about other issues:

I tried on Windows 7 last night and after processing the patches OK the
main upload started. This reached an impressive 2% over several hours  :-\
The compatibility of Origin Connection with Windows Seven is not confirmed... You are not the first user to report issues about that.

Does the origin connection version need to be updated from 1.2 (included with the 1.25 download)?
Before doing a firmware update, the Origin Connection version included in the zip file must always be installed.

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 06:03:49 pm »
OKay, working great after a reset. thanx Niccolo :)

tomoe97

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2010, 06:38:34 pm »
Hitting Reset enabled Connection to sync with Origin. However, although I was able to reload my Programs and Sequences, the Multis aren't loading. Connection has been trying to upload a half dozen Multis for the past hour, but remains stuck at 0% with the progress circle spinning. Any suggestions? If I force quit Origin Connection to get out of this upload loop, is that going to corrupt Origin?

As a procedural matter, rather than erasing all of the user presets with each firmware update, it would be much more convenient to be able to retain the current user presets and simply upload the new ones created by Arturia. This would save a lot of additional effort by the user to get the Origin back to square one after an update.

rcmusic

• Beta-testers
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2010, 06:51:44 pm »

As a procedural matter, rather than erasing all of the user presets with each firmware update, it would be much more convenient to be able to retain the current user presets and simply upload the new ones created by Arturia. This would save a lot of additional effort by the user to get the Origin back to square one after an update.

for sure, that would be great, but...... each user have its own number of user patches , those patches being saved in unique slots' number. i think it would quite difficult to integrate in an update process a "script" that would calculate where to put the new presets.

maybe a better solution: never again include new presets but propose them as a seperate file to load or not as you like, this in conjunction with no erasing the user patches during the update.

tomoe97

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2010, 07:02:33 pm »
Yes, just let the user manually upload any new presets after the update is complete without erasing old patches. Is there any reason this can't be done?

Has anyone else encountered difficulties uploading Multis after doing the reset suggested by Arturia?

tomoe97

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2010, 07:20:27 pm »
I ended up force quitting Origin Connection and rebooting Origin. Now, my Multis load okay. Phew!

moogy blues

• Acoustic Focus
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2010, 09:54:39 pm »

about other issues:

Before doing a firmware update, the Origin Connection version included in the zip file must always be installed.

Uploaded OK.

I do update the origin connection. It just looked like the file was the same as the file provided with the previous 1.2.1 upload
cheers

Superwaldi

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2010, 08:19:59 am »
maybe a better solution: never again include new presets but propose them as a seperate file to load or not as you like, this in conjunction with no erasing the user patches during the update.

Applaus, applaus, applaus.

This would be safe time for me.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines