April 20, 2024, 02:50:33 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Can't name new presets  (Read 9356 times)

Geoscience

Can't name new presets
« on: March 18, 2004, 01:57:48 am »
I am loving this synth as I just bought it the other day!  But, I am having trouble naming new banks and presets.  I click on the toolbar name and the generic name is highlighted, but I am unable to change it by typing!  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

-Matt Thomas
 (Geoscience)

xavier

Can't name new presets
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2004, 04:51:08 pm »
Be carefull that only alphanumerical characters are allowed (no space, ...). Sorry, but there is nothing to inform the user that a caracter is wrong. (We have done it on the miniMg V and we will do on further update of CS-80V)

Xavier

Anonymous

Can't name new presets
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 11:33:30 pm »
It still won't work.  If I create a new preset, click on the name in the tool bar, and try to type something, nothing happens!

-Matt

Geoscience

Can't name new presets
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2004, 12:33:05 am »
Sorry, perhaps it would help if I told you what I am running.  I am on a dual G4, with Panther (version 10.3.3). And the CS-80v is 1.1!

Matt Thomas

(Geoscience)

INFECTEDGROOVES

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can't name new presets
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2004, 04:45:17 pm »
hey man dont feel bad i am having the same problem with it. i try to rename it in standalone mode and it will not work either. i tried in cubase and fruityloops and it simply will not take the new name. kind of sucks really, because i have made several sounds that i wanted to save, but once i save them the synth saves over the ones i have already made. basically i can only save one at a time. it always sets the name as default1 rather then default2, default3 and so on. i think it says default, lol. it has been a while since i have gotten on my computer and used the synth.

Geoscience

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can't name new presets
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2004, 05:52:40 pm »
This is good to know I'm not the only one with the same problem.  I am trying to name the presets in the stand alone mode with the same results as you are describing above.  I haven't tried naming them in Logic 6.  Perhaps this will be my next step!  Me thinks this is a bug in the program anyway.

-Geoscience

Chris

Dissapearing Presets
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2004, 03:14:24 pm »
I too can only save a preset as the last thing I named it and it overwrites any previous ones. Whats going on here .. is this only a problem with v1.1. update which i put on as soon as i got the original ??? Although it sounds great this is unuseable as it stands. Any ideas anyone ???

Chris

INFECTEDGROOVES

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Can't name new presets
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 10:47:29 pm »
well i am hoping the guys from the technical department read this thread and see that this is an issue that really needs to be worked out. yes the synths is sweet in sounds, but as far as the technical glitches it is getting really old really quick. if there were not so many technical glitches then i am sure they would have a lot more business, but everything i have tried to do with this synth has been fucked up. i am being patient, so hopefully the guys and gals over in france are working on a new upgrade for our issue. i know i have told them about issue in fruityloops and they said that debugging would be included in the next upgrade. peace

drl

Can't name new presets
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2004, 07:38:39 pm »
if you are on cubase/nuendo, uncheck the "always on top" setting too

Marcus Stenberg

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Can't name new presets
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2006, 05:53:33 pm »
Quote from: "Geoscience"
I am loving this synth as I just bought it the other day!  But, I am having trouble naming new banks and presets.  I click on the toolbar name and the generic name is highlighted, but I am unable to change it by typing!  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance!

-Matt Thomas
 (Geoscience)

Same problem with standalone Application. I can't set a new bank, I only got Default0 and I can't rename it. Same problem with all Synth's of Arturia's Vintage Collection.

System is Apple Mac OS X Tiger 10.4.4 and Powermac G5.

omissis

Can't name new presets
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2006, 11:14:51 am »
It works fine for me, what are your passages?
When I have to edit an exhistent preset I select Save or press enter.
Max

a CS-80Vist

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines