March 28, 2024, 07:35:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: bad user experience  (Read 2707 times)

convoluted

bad user experience
« on: May 15, 2010, 02:30:30 am »
hello

I had heard someone mention they were using this product, so I thought I'd check it out to see if there was a demo.

I downloaded the demo, installed it and then was faced with some license protection thing?  I didn't understand at first but then I gathered I had to install some third party DRM software but at the same time there was stuff saying I needed a USB dongle?

This is so complicated just to try a demo version of your software.  I'm hesitant to install software if I don't know what it is and I especially am not fond of DRM in general, so I was not inclined to install this third party DRM software when I have no idea what it will do to my computer.

I give up, this is too hard and scary to just try a demo.

Antoine

Re: bad user experience
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2010, 10:16:13 am »
Last week we have updated the eLicenser page on our website, hope this will help to clarify.
No, you don't need an hardware dongle (USB-eLicenser) for holding the demo license, the virtual one (Soft-eLicenser) will greatly do the job.
ex-Arturian

beelzebub

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 11:58:27 pm »
I just installed the MiniMg demo - first off, I got a warning about a bad certificate (not a good start). Then, after the install finally finished (eLicenser took ages to install - what was it doing?), when I tried to start the demo I got a message...

Application 'miniMg V 2' has caused the following error:

No eLicenser connected.

I was never asked for an activation code. Retry just gave the same message, and Cancel caused the program to CRASH!

My concerns are threefold
1. As an, apparently, respectable company, why are you issuing invalid certificates?
2. Why is it so hard to just try out your software?
3. Why is the application crashing, rather than gacefully exiting?

Intel quad-core 4GB running Windows 7 64-bit

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 11:44:02 am »
No eLicenser connected.
==> http://www.arturia.com/evolution/kb/?View=entry&EntryID=111

1. As an, apparently, respectable company, why are you issuing invalid certificates?
Invalid? Towards which authority exactly?
2. Why is it so hard to just try out your software?
The eLicenser system is sometimes a bit tricky, I must admit. But we always find out a solution.
3. Why is the application crashing, rather than gacefully exiting?
This heavily relies on the protection system, but we will try to make it more friendly.
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines