March 19, 2024, 02:37:44 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Where are those 4 LCDs now?  (Read 1705 times)

Zokimaster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Where are those 4 LCDs now?
« on: May 07, 2010, 09:55:47 pm »
When I saw one video on youtube, showing demo of AF 2.2, there were 4 colorful LCDs above the keyboard, showing the parameters of 4 key parameter knobs. So I (finally) decided to upgrade from AFE 2.0 to 2.5 (I downloaded setup few days ago). BUT - after I upgraded, there are no LCDs above the keyboard now. It would be strange if these would be missing just in my case... but as I can read in your "official" list of new features on
http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/downloads/updates.html , you tell there clearly for version 2.5:
"Better management of the key parameters: 4 LCD’s now displays the parameter controlled by the “Key parameter” knobs."
So, WHERE ARE THEY now?

Also, when I see the new graphic design of AF GUI, it's hard to read. Should I stick my nose now close to LCD to read what is there, instead of using it from fair distance as I used the AF 2.0? I had also problem with lost user presets - I found the solution in the forum later. But still - keeping the user presets on the system partition is silly decision, because it often happens that I have to reinstall the system partition (using backup archives), so in that case those user presets would be lost, if I don't make often backup of them (probably more often as I did when they were on "more safe" partition, which is not system partition. Can this path be changed, in the way as we can choose the path of presets or other sounds in many other synth VSTs (where you can choose the path every time when you save or load preset or user preset)?

I also read in forum about many (new) bugs in AF 2.5, so I would like to use the old AF 2.0 again, as I did before, before you fix these bugs.

Before I made upgrade from 2.0 to 2.5, I also made a backup of old AF 2.0. BUT, when I start it, it doesn't work any more (started from that other location, where is backup now). I'm afraid to delete the AF 2.5 and put there the old folder of AF 2.0, because maybe it won't work either. And as we know, you make whole issues with the registration etc. and I don't want to get any new problems also with that (I can read in the forum that your customers are waiting for registration codes also for months, without your response).

So tell me, how can I downgrade from AF 2.5 to 2.0? As I said, those LCDs which I expected, aren't there. The graphic is suddenly (as if this would be better) not readable easy any more. And there are also new bugs, which I don't want to experience (as delay in Jupiter, etc). The old AF 2.0 worked fine for me and I want it back. So how can I do that?

Thanks

Zoki

Antoine

Re: Where are those 4 LCDs now?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2010, 09:36:39 am »
after I upgraded, there are no LCDs above the keyboard now.
Analog Factory > File > Options > Show Assignation LCDs [ON]
ex-Arturian

Zokimaster

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Where are those 4 LCDs now?
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2010, 01:39:58 pm »
WOAA, it works, thanks!  ;D

If you would ad also choosing the path of saved presets, favorites etc. would be nice too!

Any idea when we can expect new update? Update which would fix chorus and delay in Jupiter and maybe also to give as option to choose the GUI (most of us liked more the old one).

Thanks

Z

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines