April 24, 2024, 05:59:35 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Anyone here use a Lemur??  (Read 2292 times)

MindPoP_

Anyone here use a Lemur??
« on: April 05, 2010, 03:35:37 am »
Does this unit sequence or do any internal control ?,, or is it just a touch screen controll for pc?...Or is it both???

BobTheDog

Re: Anyone here use a Lemur??
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2010, 07:13:15 am »
The Lemur is a controller that can send/receive midi or Open Sound Control (OSC).

It also has a scripting language built in.

Usually for sequencing work it is used with Max, although it is possible to do some sorts of sequencing totally within the Lemur, esowave is a good example of this http://rick-hawkins.blogspot.com/2010/01/esowave-sequencer.html

Cheers

Andy

dedmousie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2010, 07:04:49 am »
I've got an idea that the iPad has got the folks over at JazzMutant worried just a little...

BobTheDog

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2010, 07:12:23 am »
Not immediately, the software running on the Lemur is really what you are paying for.

Once someone creates something as good as that then they will worry, this is a while off I would think.

Andy

dedmousie

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 12:46:03 am »
There's already a couple of interesting apps for controlling Live, and/or other configurable interfaces to control .. whatever.

Might be sooner than you think!

My wife wants one (iPad) for her iTunes library. She's a choreographer and travels a good bit, and gets annoyed having to keep up with her laptop all the time. However, until they come out with one that will hold all 75 gigs of whatever (heh) she's got in there, not much point...

BobTheDog

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 06:30:27 am »
I would think simple midi controllers/ simple OSC controllers will be available very quickly, the Lemurs strength though is its scripting language and physics engine.

Also it has a wired network connection so doesn't have to rely on WiFi which as we know from the iPhone suffers from bad latency, initial reports of the iPad report worse WiFi performance than the iPhone.

Still it won't stop me getting one :)

Cheers

Andy

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines