March 28, 2024, 11:50:08 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: miniMg sounds not working  (Read 12592 times)

uncle_tom1966

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: miniMg sounds not working
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2010, 04:48:21 pm »
Sorry Antoine...can NOT confirm this (OS X 10.6.5, Logic 9.1.3 (1697.87) (32-bit) with AF 2.5 (21415) on a MacPro  with 2x2.26 Quad Core Xeon and 16GB RAM).

In logic the miniMg sounds do not work...a crackle then nothing...the other synth sounds seem to work...especially in a new empty project in logic. I notice strange and not reproducible behaviour like cracks once in while and suddenly midi going bananas and not able to panic unless plugin is taken from the project....

Situation on my setup is even worse than before especially when I insert AF in an existing project with other plugins already initiated. trying to play a miniMg V sound produces one initial crackling noise but no sound after that and new: from then on my logic would be muted and not produce any audible output anymore although the meter show that sound is generated...I need to close (another loud crackling noise when closing btw.) and open newly to be able to continue to work.
This behaviour btw. also happens when after inserting analog factory in logic I press the keyboard with NO AF preset yet selected at all: a crackle...then I select any synth preset and no sound anymore from then onwards...

And I don't even refer to not being able to use the nice midi controller you ship with it...in my setup it will not be recognised by AF not even by OS X at all. Only when Logic is closed and in standalone mode the keyboard would sometimes be automatically detected by AF and would work as well as the miniMg sounds. Sometimes it would not be detected neither by OS X nor by AF...it then also depends on which USB plug/port I connect it to...but nothing really reproducible (I work close to software engineering myself).

So you see, in my setup it is not even the miniMg sounds...the whole product incl. hardware I cannot use and using it standalone only and route the sound into my DAW is just not even a workaround for me! To me it seems related to handling MIDI, but maybe I am wrong here...it's just very frustrating as the sounds are really great...And yes: I have other MIDI devices/ports/patchbays in use and am not willing to switch these off.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:14:19 am by uncle_tom1966 »

cpapaste

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 09:33:33 pm »
Hi everyone. I confirm that it does not work with OS X 10.6.5 and Logic 9.1.3 (32bits). Minimmog still freezes audio  :-[ Same case as uncle_tom1966
Cheers (it does not work either on my laptop running 10.6.5 and logic 9.1.3 too - even with nothing is connected to the notebook)

pertidstrand

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2010, 07:26:23 pm »
Same here... I can NOT confirm it to work. Had it working for a couple of minutes, very happy. But soon the sound of horror came back :-\ iMac i3 OS X 10.6.5 Logic 9.1.3

Sorry!

cpapaste

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 08:21:20 am »
Please Arturia, do not forget us !!!  :(  MiniMg does not work for a while and still no update  :'(

musicmule

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2011, 10:55:25 pm »
I have had this problem in Pro Rools and Logic. However, the miniMg works fine in Live. In Pro Tools and Logic, the patches work if I create an instance of analog Factory and then close and reopen the session. Go figure!

bpalmer02

« Reply #20 on: January 23, 2011, 10:50:24 pm »
Same issue in Pro Tools 8. Crackle then silence.
Have to quit out and relaunch session.

OSX 10.6.5

milosakhamun

« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 03:05:17 am »
I have the same crack and pop woes as everyone else here in Logic 9.  Have just experienced another episode at such a ridiculous volume my ears are ringing!  Glad it was at home and not at a gig!
Think I will have to start researching some other brands, Analog Factory is almost unusable, I now have the same disconnection problem with Arp2600 as with MiniMg.

I wonder if deleting the au files and using the vst ones in an au wrapper might fix these problems, or is it likely to cause more?  Anyone tried it?

capnb

« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2011, 10:19:04 pm »
Same here. Just got my brand new Analogue Factory and the MiniMg V sounds don't work at all, now seems to affect the ARP ones after a brief period of working they're broken and silent.

Software not fit for purpose, and looking at this thread it looks like Arturia have no idea what the problem is? Better get a refund :(

(Logic Pro 9.1.3, Mac OS X 10.6.6, "MacBookPro6,1" i7 8G RAM).

uncle_tom1966

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 08:56:56 am »
Hello Arturia and Antoine

my sounds are still not working...do you care?

thanks for dealing with this

uncle tom

Btw.: Did you know that for one bad recommendation it takes in average 11 good recommendations to make up in the market? But I guess you rather give endlessly 3for1 deals...

niclinn75

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2011, 11:38:01 am »
ANALOG FACTORY DOES NOT WORK WITH MAC OSX 10.6.6 LOGIC 9

Why is nothing being done about this!!!!! >:(

None of the MiniMg sounds work and theres pops and clicks all over the ARP

Does anyone have it working on an intel Mac with logic 9?
If so HOW?? please share!

isbjc

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2011, 12:26:27 pm »
Nope.  Also using intel mac and logic 9.  Have had some success using NI Kore2 in Logic 9 as a vst wrapper though.

mike c

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2011, 01:29:09 pm »
good to hear I am not alone on this.  Can not use MiniMg as an AU in Ableton.  No Sounds.  This company is pure ridiculousness.  I've said it before and will not be buying anymore products of theirs. 

Antoine

« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 10:35:07 am »
My colleague Thomas is currently testing a patch with a dozen of fellow users, I really hope (as you do) it be released pretty soon.
To say it differently, we don't forget you.
ex-Arturian

uncle_tom1966

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 04:57:34 pm »
Antoine,

glad to hear something is going on. I am more than happy to be part of the testing on my setup if that helps you and the process.

bets regards

uncle tom

Antoine

Re: miniMg sounds not working ==> THE FIX !!!
« Reply #29 on: May 04, 2011, 04:55:41 pm »
Hi everyone,

This filthy bug has poisoned some of you Snow Leopard users, and we have had difficulty to troubleshoot it, but finally here it is: the correcting patch that should restore your MiniMg-V presets inside Analog Factory.

This patch will be posted on the Updates page before the end of the week, but I thought you would enjoy it sooner.  Smiley

Let me know if still any issue on your side.
And in all cases, keep up the good vibrations!

Antoine.
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines