March 28, 2024, 02:32:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Crahses with MiniMg emulation  (Read 4006 times)

Cord

Crahses with MiniMg emulation
« on: March 23, 2010, 11:41:50 am »
I tried this a couple of times with always the same results. As soon as I go to the wheel section of the MiniMg emulation and push the big encoder my Origin freezes. Makes this part of the synth useless for me at this point. Anybody else has this problem?

Superwaldi

Re: Crahses with MiniMg emulation
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2010, 03:14:07 pm »
I tested it here with a patch using the minimogg template and with creating a new patch with miniMg template:

In the graphic interface i select the left bottom section, which gives access to bend-, glide, etc. parameters, but it works as it should do.

You should contact the technical support.

Niccolo

• Administrator
  • Arturia developer
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 10:20:46 am »
Maybe the problem appears but not in all cases. We have taken note of it. It will be solved in the next release... Sorry for the inconvenience. If we find some workaround meanwhile, I will post it.

Cord

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2010, 11:44:44 am »
It is fully reproducible for me when I select a new or an existing sound with the MiniMg template and go directly to the bender section. Also going to other sections before did not help. Anyway, thanks for acknowledging the bug and I am hopeful for a fix soon.

Amin Bhatia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • www.aminbhatia.com
Re: Crashes with MiniMg emulation
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 08:14:26 pm »
Yep. Same problem for me. Accessing the wheel section freezes up the Origin and I have to reboot.
A couple of weeks ago this was fine.

I am creating all kinds of new patches trying out different envelopes from different envelope templates. Could that have triggered a code problem somewhere?

A

Amin Bhatia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • www.aminbhatia.com
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2010, 08:24:27 pm »
Update.
I reinstalled 1.1 and got no difference. MiniMg Keyboard edit page still locks up the unit.

Then I went and looked at an old MiniMg patch I built and the keyboard page edit WORKED FINE. And now the keyboard edit page works on all patches with no problems.

Happy but weird.

Perhaps something in older patches pre 1.1 doesn't have the problem and accessing it clears out the corrupt code?

A

Syndromeda

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 08:31:12 am »
Tried it also, but can't reproduce it  - everythings seems to work fine here ;-)
Life is music and music is life.

Niccolo

• Administrator
  • Arturia developer
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 10:40:31 am »
We have solved that problem, in fact it happens only in some cases when some data isn't properly initialized. The fix will be available in the next Origin update that will be released soon.
A workaround may be to load a previouly existing MiniMg preset (like the 0001) before loading your preset. Then it should not crash when opening the dialog.

Amin Bhatia

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • www.aminbhatia.com
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2010, 03:27:53 pm »
GREAT Thank you for staying on top of this. I'm getting the feel of the machine and while I'm impatient about all the fixes and updates I'm really liking it.

A

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines