March 28, 2024, 01:15:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Poll

What would you like to see added in a future version of MMV?

Patch change within the sequencer host (Cubase, Sonar, Logic...)
8 (19%)
External audio input
3 (7.1%)
Enhance Osc,Filter,Envelope up to the minimoog V quality
9 (21.4%)
Sample and Hold
5 (11.9%)
Undo latest patch modification with a shortcut (Ctrl+Z)
1 (2.4%)
Inverter function for the waveforms
1 (2.4%)
"note off" function on the sequencer
4 (9.5%)
Schmitt trigger (envelope follower)
1 (2.4%)
One-screen synthesizer (scrolling window)
7 (16.7%)
Ring modulator
3 (7.1%)

Total Members Voted: 42

Voting closed: March 05, 2004, 02:09:49 pm

Author Topic: A voting poll for MMV enhancements  (Read 91334 times)

Vincent T

• http://www.arturia.com
A voting poll for MMV enhancements
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2007, 09:01:30 am »
How about just using less than 100% cpu per instance on a MacPro

you're joking? even on my old pentium M 1.73 GHz it's very reasonnable. How many voices are you using? what kind of patch?
Vincent
DSP Arturia

Moogedy Moog

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
A voting poll for MMV enhancements
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2008, 02:19:47 am »
How about being able to build your very own Mgie without restrictions?

Just imagine you have a menu with every type of module at your disposal to put as many as you please on the screen. 9 oscilators do one hell of a work, but the complexity that could be achieved by using 20 or something, boy, that would be cool beyond words 8)

dbouch

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: A voting poll for MMV enhancements
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2008, 11:25:36 pm »
i'd like to have the ability to place the cursor over a module and, with a mouse/key combo click, have that module expanded visually.  i see fine, but after working with the MM for any period of time i do get fatigued a little trying to read the setting on the knobs.

BTW i love this thing

synthguy

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: A voting poll for MMV - UNDO - what software in the world doesn't undo?
« Reply #33 on: December 16, 2008, 01:25:02 pm »
With the 'delicate' design of the cabling process, it's all too easy to undo a connection by accident.

Trying to figure out where the cables were connected when you accidentally remove a connection is difficult and shouldn't be a problem at all.

Undo, Arturia! Undo. Undo. Undo. Undo. Undo!

Melodious Rex

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2009, 06:28:25 pm »
1. An enhanced video interface would be my first choice - a way to break up the modules and fit them on a wide screen monitor. 

2.  An alternate sequencer view - one that would allow numerical values to be entered for pitch.  It would be easier to work with IMO. 

BobTheDog

« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2009, 08:05:14 am »
How about just using less than 100% cpu per instance on a MacPro

you're joking? even on my old pentium M 1.73 GHz it's very reasonnable. How many voices are you using? what kind of patch?

No Not joking, the problem is fixed in the new version though which is great.

Sweep

« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2009, 12:52:27 pm »
I've gone back to the previous version, but for those with the new one you desperately need to label the `save' and `save as' buttons. They were labelled before and it's just ludicrous to remove the labelling. It's asking for people to accidentally overwrite the existing edited patch instead of saving a new version. One mistaken click and the overwrite is done and the old version lost in a second.

mattsynth

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2009, 06:04:16 pm »
Right now I would like to see it just work. New registration sucks and my MMV is down because of it.

therling

• Apprentice
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2010, 05:02:21 pm »
1.  A "zoom" function so that one may enlarge the size of the modules or a enlarge a particular section of the synth.

I find the tiny control images often too hard to see, and I have to strain to see where I've got various settings.

2. An "on/off" switch for each of the mixer channels. A solo function would be wonderful too.

3. A larger printed manual: the current printed manual has printing that is small and hard to read. The images in the manual are likewise difficult to see.

TH 

Phil999

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2010, 02:06:16 pm »
1. An enhanced video interface would be my first choice - a way to break up the modules and fit them on a wide screen monitor. 

oh yes. It would be nice to expand to two cabinets if needed. Would be more eye candy as well.

HerrFrey

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #40 on: December 31, 2010, 05:49:07 pm »
Smoother, 14 Bit Midi resolution for Midi knobs and faders. Like in Circular Mouse-mode. For all synths.

Phil999

« Reply #41 on: January 01, 2011, 05:12:19 pm »
the MMV responds well to 14 bit. I use NRPN with 1450 steps, and when I slowly move an encoder, I cannot hear any quantisation. But I can be mistaken, there are synths that I control with 7 bit and it is difficult to hear quantisation. Anyway, I found it advantageous to control the MMV with 14 bit.

The GUI does show steps when you rotate a knob, but this is just a graphic representation that does not have to correspond to the sound itself.

GaryV

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2011, 01:43:37 am »
Could you add a "talent" button somewhere for folks like me?   ;)

GaryV

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2011, 12:43:46 pm »

oh yes. It would be nice to expand to two cabinets if needed. Would be more eye candy as well.

Absolutely needed!!!  I have 2 widescreen monitors side by side.  Seems very silly to have MMV currently take up only half of one monitor and need to scroll vertically, when an interface that could be stretched horizontally would much more useful...  (same for ARP2600V, BTW...)

Thanks!
G

Sweep

« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2012, 10:05:57 pm »
I've gone back to the previous version, but for those with the new one you desperately need to label the `save' and `save as' buttons. They were labelled before and it's just ludicrous to remove the labelling. It's asking for people to accidentally overwrite the existing edited patch instead of saving a new version. One mistaken click and the overwrite is done and the old version lost in a second.

I'm staying with the old version because it sounds better, but out of curiosity did this fault ever get fixed? The CS80V had the same fault in the later version (still using the old version of that one, too). If the eLicenser fault gets fixed with the Beta 2600V and it turns out to have this ridiculous problem as well when I run it, I'll be distinctly unimpressed.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines