April 26, 2024, 12:25:59 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Help with License Transfer  (Read 2381 times)

JMM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Help with License Transfer
« on: February 09, 2010, 07:23:42 pm »
Hoping someone from Arturia will see this or others that can help:

I purchased a Steinburg USB key to transfer my AF license but the license is 'greyed out' in the 'from license' section when using the transfer wizard. I've seen others have had this problem but have not seen a solution.

There is a license number showing and it says something like '0 of max unlimited'....I'm not sure what this means or how to proceed. I recently upgraded to the 2.2 software and the software loads fine on my PC. I just need to get my license onto the USB key before my aging PC dies completely.

I don't even know how to contact tech support or log a case...

Any help/suggestions on how to proceed would be appreciated.

Antoine

Re: Help with License Transfer
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2010, 02:21:34 pm »
Hi JMM and welcome on the Arturia forum.

As suggested here, to get Technical Support you shall:
  • register your synthesizer(s) in your account,
  • click on the "Tech Support inquiry" button.
This will set up a correspondence between you and our Tech Support desk.

All the best,

Antoine.
ex-Arturian

JMM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2010, 10:05:22 pm »
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that doesn't help me very much. I don't have the 4 octect serial number.  What I have is a longer 2 part serial number that shows up in the license transfer box. I treid to squeeze this into the boxes in the online form but it's just not the right number/format.

I bought this new and licensed it online a couple years ago. Arturia doesn't seem to have my email account on file. I really need to get that link established with Tech Support directly.

Is there any way to contact support, sales or something for some help here?

Thanks,

JMM

JMM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2010, 10:32:02 pm »
Good News - I found my AF card that has the License Number on it. I think this proves I have a valid license!

However, I can't add this to my customer support account because it says it's already activiated.....that's probably from when I activiated it a couple years ago!

I tried a password reset using the only 4 valid email accounts I've had in my life and it says none of them are on file...

This is a catch 22......I need more help.

I just need to be able to get in touch with Tech Support so I can straighten this mess out.

Thanks all,

JMM

JMM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2010, 11:15:09 pm »
Well, I feel like I'm having a nice conversation with myself here, but it seems we're making progress! Someone out there is listening to my emails and posts - THANK YOU!!!

My AF license now shows up in my Arturia account and I was able to submit a ticket to support in the normal manner and even have a case #!

I think I'm on the road to recovery ;D

JMM

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2010, 02:01:01 am »
Thanks Antoine,

For anyone looking at this post and having a similar problem, I followed Antoine's advice from the support ticket and updated both the AF and eLicenser software and was able to transfer the license to the USB device. I wasn't aware there were updates for either and both seem to be big improvements.

Thanks all and good luck.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines