April 20, 2024, 09:42:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Midi: Program changes don't work  (Read 2840 times)

glen dale

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Midi: Program changes don't work
« on: January 31, 2010, 08:59:46 pm »
Hi :)

I've just updated the Origin to 1.1 and tried to control it with my sequencing software (Sonar 8.5). The Origin seems to receive the program changes, at least the "midi-in light" in the multi-view is flashing when sending a program change. But it doesn't change the program ... I've tried every changing method like controller 0, 32 and 100 - but none of them worked.

The Origin is connected via USB and sends controller changes like Cutoff or Joystick moves. Those controllers are recordable within Sonar.

Global Channel is set to "1", the 4 multi-Channels are assigned to 2,3,4,5. "Receive Control Change" and "Receive Program Change" is both set to "on".

Did I miss a setting?

Hope you can help :)

Cheers,
glen

P.S. Is there a (current) manual how to work with the new midi features?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 09:02:23 pm by glen dale »

Philippe

Re: Midi: Program changes don't work
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2010, 11:37:27 am »
With the 1.1 version what you can (or should be able to) do is:

- loading a PROGRAM (single slot preset P0000 to P0999) using the CC0 as the bank select followed by a Program Change. The bank in the CC0 ranges from 0 to 9. The PC value ranges form 0 to 99. The preset number is given by 100*CC0 value  + PC value. For instance, you can load the single slot preset 123 by sending first a { CC0 1 } followed by a { PC 23 }. The MIDI channel to use is the global channel (1 in your rig).

- loading a MULTI (multi slot preset M1000 M1255) - that is all slots at the same time - using the CC0 as the bank select followed by a Program Change. The bank in the CC0 ranges from 10 to 12. The PC value ranges form 0 to 99. The preset number is given by 100*CC0 value  + PC value. For instance, you can load the multi slot preset 1023 by sending first a { CC0 10 } followed by a { PC 23 }. The MIDI channel to use is the global channel (1 in your rig).

What you cannot do as of today :

- loading a single slot within a MULTI using a PC

This will be fixed in a next release. The "procedure" will be the same as for the program but using the MIDI channel associated with each one of the slots (2,3,4,5 in your rig).
Origin Lead  Developer

glen dale

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2010, 11:48:26 am »
Ah I see, thanks. What I "cannot do as of today" is what I was looking for  :-\

Is there an estimated date when this feature will be released?

Thanks and Cheers,
glen

Philippe

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2010, 01:40:48 pm »
Is there an estimated date when this feature will be released?

Not yet.

The latest should be the 1.5 (the version that will include 3 more templates). The earliest could be a 1.2 version that we may release  after the 1.1K (K for Keyboard).
Origin Lead  Developer

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines