April 24, 2024, 11:17:30 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Knob settings  (Read 1977 times)

Superwaldi

Knob settings
« on: January 31, 2010, 07:12:13 am »
May you can consider my wishes for one of the next updates:

- after turning Origin on, it happens randomly that there is no sound. You have to move the main level in that case. Even if it was set to maximum while turning on. That can be very irritating. The first 3 times it happened, I was checking my DAW, my Audio-Interface and after a while the origin. It happens not very time, bit maybe 2/10.

- Please update the reverb !

Beside this the machine rocks and delivers outstanding sounds. I hope will care about this machin to provide a long life circle.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 08:12:25 am by Superwaldi »

tomeso

• Beta-testers
Re: Knob settings
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 12:06:42 pm »
Hi,

this is is a known bug and should be fixed in a later update.

You have asked for a better reverb several times, but I am not sure, if this can be accomplished easily. Effects like delay and reverb need a certain amount of RAM inside the DSP unit and as far as I know, this RAM is quite limited in the Origin hardware.

So one solution could be to offer -one- really good reverb in -one- slot, but no reverb/delays in the other slots. I personally don't like this solution and prefer to be able to use all kind off effects in all slots. I actually don't use reverb very often, but I know that people have different taste.

So my guess is, that Arturia will try to improve the reverb algorithm at some point in the future, but I would not expect some Lexicon quality and I would not hold my breath until then.  :-)

Just my 0,02 Euro

Frank

"But please don't listen to me
I've already been poisoned by this industry!"
Funk Pop a Roll - XTC

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines