March 28, 2024, 09:11:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: audio input  (Read 6096 times)

mrufino1

audio input
« on: February 28, 2004, 07:28:50 am »
I downloaded the demo of miniv, sounds great. I think I remember reading that it is possible to run audio into the mini V to use the filters. Is the manual available and does it explain this, or can you explain it now? I use Sonar 3 producer. Thanks.

xavier

audio input
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2004, 09:43:25 am »
You have to select the miniMg V as an effect on a track. Then, switch on the "external input volume" and adjust the corresponding note. Then when a note is ON on the miniMg V, you can ear the your track.

You can hold on a note by turn completly right the decay knob of the VCA EG (the pop up write "note hold")

Xavier

John_Greythorne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
audio input
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2004, 05:15:35 pm »
How then would you trigger the amp/filter envelopes?

Would it be possible to change this so that you can select an audio track as a sidechain input?  Most other virtual instruments in Logic allow you to do this so that you can trigger the envelope.

Just a suggestion...

xavier

audio input
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2004, 08:15:55 am »
Hello,
When the miniMg V is inserted as an effect on an audio track, on a lot of sequencer application (sonar,cubase, ..) allow you to choose this miniMg V as the destination of a midi track.

John_Greythorne

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
audio input
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2004, 12:23:11 pm »
Hi Xavier,

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, Logic works differently in this respect.  You cannot send note on/note off messages to a particular insert effect so you have to trigger the note by physically clicking on the keyboard in the plugin window.

Other virtual instruments in Logic provide this functionality by using a sidechain input.  You would normally have to insert the miniMg on to a virtual instrument track to allow it to receive the note on/note off messages.  Then to route an audio track into the miniMg, you would select the track as a sidechain input from the toolbar at the top of the virtual instrument window.

However, when the miniMg is inserted on to a virtual instrument track, the sidechain input box does not appear so you cannot route the audio in.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines