March 28, 2024, 02:04:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Any news about the vst for Origin  (Read 5257 times)

Feng

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Any news about the vst for Origin
« on: January 22, 2010, 03:22:53 pm »
It was told in another post that probably at the end of 2009 a vst editor would be released. Are there any news on it?
Origin is a dream, with a vst editor (that almost any hardware has nowadays), it would be perfect!

FENG

bigboi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Any news about the vst for Origin
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2010, 06:48:51 am »
Bump here.  I only bought mine because Arturia said that a future release would include VST instrument.  What so you Aruturia?  We close?

n1nj4

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 07:46:09 am »
Bump here.  I only bought mine because Arturia said that a future release would include VST instrument.  What so you Aruturia?  We close?

Forgive my ignorance, but why not buy Arturia plugins for that sort of thing?

bigboi

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2010, 03:33:59 pm »
Because by having VST "hosted" from within Origin, you save valuable CPUs that may bog down a computer.  Also, Origin is capable of doing things that their other plugins cannot..such as building synths in a modular way.  By the way, I just got word from TECH SUPPORT and product development.... not only are they not currently working on this feature, I was told that by Fabien Brassley "At that time this is not plan. We are focusing on new modules...". Does this mean that there not plans at all to do this?  I hope not, because this feature was one of the main reasons I just bought this hardware.  I have a VIRUS TI2, and man....the vst capablities are AWESOME.  It is listed as a feature that is on the way, so I hope they are not saying that it is not coming now! If this feature is important to you, bump or sign your name to keep it at the top of this thread!

Read here:

http://www.arturia.com/evolution/en/products/origin/details/guided-tour.html?docId=831

DrJustice

• Super Doc
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2010, 04:42:53 pm »
"...We are focusing on new modules...".
I'd prefer that they implement new modules before VST functionality. One can currently use the S/P-DIF output to pipe the sound digitally into a DAW - not like full VST functionality, I know, but still useful. 

Edit to add: Actually my #1 preference is a totally bug free system before any new features are added!

DJ
--
« Last Edit: May 20, 2010, 04:49:29 pm by DrJustice »

Philippe

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2010, 05:35:45 pm »
Regarding the TI VST/AU plugin the exact answer is: not before the version 2.

Our priority for the coming months (roughly Q3/Q4 2010) is the version 1.5 that includes new modules, some more templates (Jupiter8, CS80 and ARP2600) and a more reliable OS. We'll likely deliver an intermediate version (1.3 I guess) with the Jupiter8 first, followed by another 1 or 2 versions including the CS80 and the ARP2600. The new modules may be added to a released version before the template for which they are intended at first place. That's what we've done with the CS80 IL/AL filter envelope that was added to the 1.1 version (and the Keyboard mode II as well).

When these (major) steps are behind us, it will be time to start the work on other major features such as the TI plugin.
Origin Lead  Developer

holografique

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2010, 09:41:45 pm »
Regarding the TI VST/AU plugin the exact answer is: not before the version 2.

Our priority for the coming months (roughly Q3/Q4 2010) is the version 1.5 that includes new modules, some more templates (Jupiter8, CS80 and ARP2600) and a more reliable OS. We'll likely deliver an intermediate version (1.3 I guess) with the Jupiter8 first, followed by another 1 or 2 versions including the CS80 and the ARP2600. The new modules may be added to a released version before the template for which they are intended at first place. That's what we've done with the CS80 IL/AL filter envelope that was added to the 1.1 version (and the Keyboard mode II as well).

When these (major) steps are behind us, it will be time to start the work on other major features such as the TI plugin.

I am in complete agreement with this time schedule. VST editor integration will be very nice, but I bought this device primarily for the ability to BREAK-AWAY from always sitting in front of a computer/mouse/keyboard for editing sounds.

The hardware and knobs are a nice variation from always working on the computer. I prefer for Arturia to stay focused on making it's internal sound engine more powerful, delivering on their promise of the additional instrument templates, and improving stability before they start deviating too far from the original intent of the product....a dedicated hardware synth device.

-o

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines