Oberheim OB-XA
16 (21.1%)
Rhodes Chroma
5 (6.6%)
MemoryMoog
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: February 26, 2004, 09:33:59 am

Author Topic: The Next One ?  (Read 176917 times)

Man-Machine

The Next One ?
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2006, 04:47:03 pm »
So what's the official word on these product updates? Are they working on them? In another forum, months ago, they mentioned they were working on updates for several products but then, all of a suddent the Prophet V comes out?!? It's nice that they have this array of products but to me is always QUALITY OVER QUANTITY. I want Arturia synths to be the final word on emulation...
L8er Osci8ers

poropat

The Next One ?
« Reply #61 on: December 01, 2006, 02:05:47 pm »
I agree.
The "release and forget" strategy seems not to be the most proper.
VCollection 8

justin_havu

The Next One ?
« Reply #62 on: February 05, 2007, 04:46:23 am »
I'd like to see an EML Electrocomp 101 or a MiniKorg emulation.  I used to own the actual synths, but both died about 6 years ago.
I'd also like to see a good TR808 emulation as well.
A synthesizer is a terrible thing to waste.

Christophe

Next Synth?
« Reply #63 on: February 05, 2007, 11:34:06 pm »
I'd be happy to see their support site up and running at the moment!  I'm still struggling to get MMV 2 running again since installing the 2.2 update has rendered it unusable for the last few days. :-(

But for a next softsynth?  Let's go completely blue sky and go for a Buchla Modular.
Chris

DavidKowalski

Matrix-1000/Roland U-110
« Reply #64 on: March 08, 2007, 03:17:04 pm »
Looks like this thread isn't too active right now but I'd also put in a vote for the Matrix-1000 (although I have to say that, after nearly 20 years, my M-1000 is still working flawlessly).  I'd also like to see a Roland U-110/U-220.
--David

endedup

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
the next one?
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2007, 12:09:08 am »
Should Arturia continue to release new virtual synths? No! At this juncture, the end user market is saturated with virtual Synths.  

The Mg V, ARP 2600V and other Arturia Soft synthesizers have made a significant contribution to electronic music, and to date, enjoyed symbiotic functions! User feedback has played a roll in future software designs for Arturia; and the musician in return, gets emulation software that allows for realistic analogue synthesis. Arturia software allows the user to design or modify a sound. So for now, it’s an all win situation for both the musician and Arturia.  But, why continue to design emulation software in a market that’s saturated with emulation Synths. ?  Moving into the hardware arena is one possible solution, another would be to address sound modification by designing software that either emulates, or is unique in the current sound modification arena.  Perhaps designing a control device that made musical sense would be a good direction too.  

Western music theory can, and in my opinion, should be studied by engineers. For example: Schillingers “theory of interference” is a good starting point for software engineers who want to design a sequencer with poly-rhythmic potential. Schillinger is not easy reading, but C++ without a defined direction is useless.  Intuitive design and user feed back helps, but it isn’t always realistic. Personally I’d like to see Arturas efforts directed towards new unexplored soft/hardware design.

Gramarye

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The Next One ?
« Reply #66 on: April 08, 2007, 05:55:22 pm »
Of COURSE Arturia should continue to develop virtual instruments.  It's what they do and they do it well.  There are many great analog synths out there that haven't been emulated yet and it seems most developers are creating "new" synths rather than porting vintage to virtual.
IMO the concept or Origin is a good direction for Arturia and the industry.  Although it'll be out of my price range  I'm certain there'll be a large market for self-contained vintage emulators.....especially if it is expandable to future developed synths.  What's not to like?
As far as what I personally would like to see next in virtual conversion (since J8 has just been done) - my vote is for the Obie Matrix.

Peace,

Dave

semtek

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
The Next One ?
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2007, 11:28:44 pm »
How about some arturia drum machine emulations? or ever since i got rid of my jomox airbase have been missing something truly out of the ordinary percussion wise.

And how about some emulated fx, eg roland space echo, vintage chorus units...

+ the obie x of course

masterhiggins

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
drum machine emulations
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2008, 07:47:07 pm »
I agree with adding drum machine emulation!  So far, I've come across a lot of terrible-sounding virtual drum machines and have never been satisfied with the sound and have thus been forced to use samples.  Everything from Ultrabeat to Waldorf Attack has horrific aliasing properties.  The closest I've come to finding a decent-sounding virtual drum machine are the products offered by D16.  But when you actually listen to the comparison, the high end is still muddy.

I believe that Arturia could really make THE definitive drum emulation.  Perhaps Jomox, or Linn, or Vermona...

geiger167

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: The Next One ?
« Reply #69 on: June 20, 2008, 11:15:33 pm »
I would really love to see a proper emulation of the Sequential Circuits Pro-One. Ten thousand made and much beloved of the the synth legends of the eighties. Vince Clark used one to make every sound on the Yazoo classic Only You and the synth is featured very heavily on the Upstairs At Erics album and You and Me Both. Currently there is a old freeware vst version (which isn't mac compatible) a Reaktor version (which is nearly there but not quite lol) and a Creamware emulation which is only available with their own hardware but is supposed to be very authentic. Cant afford to buy a hardware one as they have rocketed in price. Synth is monophonic, has a truly brutal filter, and makes bass and brass sounds of orgasmic quality. You can get similar sounds with the Prophet V and the Pro53 emulations, but they just dont cut through the same way so my vote goes to PRO-ONE :)

jauqq

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2008, 09:05:02 pm »
Please use your existing relationship with Roland and make a Roland D50, combined with a JD800/JD990 synth.
If you could rmake such a synth similar to how Korg produced the excellent Wavestation + M1 softsynths with all the cards, waveforms etc, it would be great!!!!!  ;D

slammah2012

« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2008, 11:36:02 pm »
How about a soft synth version of the Origin...... ;D
With the CS80 Filter Modules,Prophet modules ,Jupiter modules,and Add some Oberheim modules as well.......throw it into a 3 tier frame like the Yamaha GX-1 was.....
2  Poly-synths tiers with a mono synth tier...

« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 11:41:13 pm by slammah2012 »

omissis

« Reply #72 on: June 30, 2008, 08:34:49 pm »
Laurie, a GX1 :o ?

That's 4 CS80Vs without aftertouch  ;D ;D ! Yeah, seriously, how is Arturia supposed to reproduce the side aftertouch of the mini keyboard, for example? Or the knee lever ? Let us make them work on the CS80V  :) to fix what is fixable (whenever they'll find the time to do so ???)...
Max

a CS-80Vist

Kobilica

« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2008, 01:20:26 am »
Maybe it's not classic and listed here, but I find it rare and monster synth...

Alesis Andromeda A6

Real Analog controled by Digital , very heavy , digital filters sadly , very gorgeous sounding.

TiUser

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #74 on: July 03, 2008, 10:11:45 am »
Arturia, I have just one wish for the next releases, make all your great synths simply working proper and hassle free. Please don't do anything new on top before that.
Best regards, TiUser

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines