Oberheim OB-XA
16 (21.1%)
Rhodes Chroma
5 (6.6%)
MemoryMoog
2 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 76

Voting closed: February 26, 2004, 09:33:59 am

Author Topic: The Next One ?  (Read 176885 times)

prkjava

Re: The Next One ?
« Reply #165 on: December 04, 2015, 05:41:04 pm »
Yes, Arturia should continue making virtual synth. They anticipate artist needs well. The next synth should be TONTO.

matjones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #166 on: February 12, 2016, 02:26:02 pm »
Casio VL Tone?  ::)

LBH

« Reply #167 on: February 16, 2016, 12:53:45 am »
My votes in priority:

1. Roland Super JX-10 with PG-800 programmer - Currently there is no soft synth that sound like this at all. So smooth sounding. Especially the voices, strings and pad sounds. (Alternative Roland JD-800 but it's newer and digital i think.)
2. Roland VP-330/ SVC-350
3. Roland SH-1000 - A little innovative simple synth with unique sound.

All 3 is a good package.

A really good emulation of them all is missing. Those that exist don't do the sound emulation well enough.

The most important thing about a comming emulation is it sound unique. Too many synths sound too much alike. No need to have many synth, if they all sound alike and don't have a special unique sound.

Xtra:

Also the modules for Moog modular that make Tangerine Dream Sequencer Racheting possible is missing. In my book it's a trademark.

Audio input for SEM is missing.

Improovements of all the Analog Classics. Perhaps especially in the sound emulations to make the characteristic unique sounds special for the individual synths. But other things can be improoved too.

matjones

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2016, 11:14:31 am »
What about Arturia diversifying slightly and doing an FX plugin? .......... Something completely insane (you French guys are seriously good at doing weird and crazy ;) ) like something out of the Publison Infernal Machine range?................. before the likes of UA or Waves decide to do it.....

LBH

« Reply #169 on: May 03, 2016, 02:14:46 am »
It looks like Xils-Lab have a Roland VP-330 emulation. But it unfortunately uses iLoc or eLicenser. Can't tell about how well it emulate.

It looks like UVI has a Roland JX-10P emulation that don't seem to be a good emulation and unfortunately uses iLoc. It can be done a lot better.

There is a free JX-8P from developer Martin Lüders. That do it very good i think even if it's not 100%. But something to refere to and perhaps a developer to work with on a JX-10P.
This Jx-8P is not a JX-10P. It lacks the layering and the speciel Chase function and the sequencer. Also the JX-10P has some playmodes not needed in JX-8P.
Also the Jx-8P might lack support over time, as it's a free synth.

Still the digital JD-800 both could be an alternative and another synth to emulate even if it's digital.

I can't find a Roland SH-1000 emulation.

It's hard to find synths to emulate if they have to be analog, vintage and perhaps not made allready in a okay version at least. I think it should have it's own sound.
But if possible the JWM Electronics thunderchild used on Jeff Waynes War of the Worlds album could be fun because only a few was made.
Also Con Brio ADS 200 if possible could be fun i guess.
Perhaps also: Korg Sigma, Farfisa Polychrome and/ or Soundmaker, and Moog Prodigy as i like it but perhaps it's to similar to the Mini V and Memory moog may not add that much to Arturia's products, Formanta Polivoks do have some power.

Improvements of existing Arturia synths is allways good.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 09:29:47 pm by LBH »

crystalmsc

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #170 on: May 04, 2016, 06:51:10 am »
What about Arturia diversifying slightly and doing an FX plugin?
Great suggestion, I found the fx in Spark 2 to be rather nice. A modular fx processor like the Eventide H3000 Factory would be great.
Station: Ableton Live 9 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums, V Collection 4, MiniBrute

sergio_frias_23

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #171 on: May 26, 2016, 02:39:36 pm »
I would love to see a Fairlight emulation i'm sure Arturia would be able to acheive the same result as the Synclavier.

machinesworking

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #172 on: January 30, 2017, 10:45:13 pm »
Polivoks

TonyFlyingSquirrel

• Beta Tester
    • WOR PARTY
« Reply #173 on: February 15, 2017, 06:09:32 pm »
Bite off more than you can chew, then start chewing. Apple iMac 27-inch 3.4GHz Quad-core i7 (Mid 2011) MC814LL/A RAM:20GB, Hard Drive:1.0TB HDD + 256GB SSD, Opt Drive:SuperDrive-DL,  Vid Card:AMD Radeon HD 6970M, Audio Interface: Avid Fast Track Duo, Midi I/O: Arturia, Analog Exp.The Lab 49, V-Col-5

Amalgamoth

« Reply #174 on: February 17, 2017, 05:21:48 pm »
Too late! Xils already did one for the VCS 3.

gregwalton42

« Reply #175 on: March 12, 2017, 06:53:13 pm »
I know it won't happen because Korg have a version but I'd love a Wavestation where you are not tied to the crazy Performance/Patch/Wave restrictions that memory limitations imposed on the hardware Wavestations. So that would mean each Performance had its own eight Patches and if you changed a Patch it wouldn't affect any other Performances. Similarly with Wavetables in Patches. It would still be useful to be able to access a library of your Patches and Wavetables, which I could see Arturia doing really well (categories and keywords etc.).

Failing that something with Physical Modelling capabilities. Technics did an interesting machine called the WSA1 which could combine all sorts of drivers with any of the various resonators and was 64 note polyphonic. I believe they used some simplifications to achieve the sounds (which would be good for reducing CPU load) but the possibilities were amazing and much more acoustic-sounding. Maybe Technics would do a collaboration like with the Synclavier?

jeffbart

« Reply #176 on: March 19, 2017, 01:16:18 am »
I would love to see an authentic recreation of the Rhodes/ARP Chroma. I had one in the 80s. It was a beast, loved it....except the envelopes were just a tad sluggish...
--
jeffrey
cubase 9.0.40
the amazing Modartt Pianoteq
Arturia things
tc electronic konnekt 24d

justinhavu

• DavidAgebyAJ
« Reply #177 on: June 26, 2017, 03:13:25 am »
I'd like to maybe see a virtual ElectroComp 101.

NotASpeckOfCereal

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #178 on: June 28, 2017, 03:41:26 am »
I know it won't happen because Korg have a version but I'd love a Wavestation where you are not tied to the crazy Performance/Patch/Wave restrictions that memory limitations imposed on the hardware Wavestations. So that would mean each Performance had its own eight Patches and if you changed a Patch it wouldn't affect any other Performances. Similarly with Wavetables in Patches. It would still be useful to be able to access a library of your Patches and Wavetables, which I could see Arturia doing really well (categories and keywords etc.).

Hey Greg,

I have the Wavestation (both an EX keyboard as well as the software/VST), but I have to admit to not having programmed the software much yet.

Does the software version really have those same restrictions as the hardware? Limited to the same number of saved / uniquely named patches or wavetables? It seems like a slam dunk to just allow you to modify a patch, then save it with a new name so that it didn't affect other performances -- they didn't do that?

Chris

ClydeLyman

« Reply #179 on: July 31, 2017, 07:07:24 pm »
Having the Rhodes and Wurlie, why not complete the set: Cimbalet,  Pianet and Clavinet?

Also, with all this good stuff. How about some orchestral sounds; strings, brass and woodwinds

Mabye  add a feature to V Collection/Analog Lab 2 that lets you add instruments of your own. I could put in about 200

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines