September 26, 2021, 08:23:12 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email
News:

Arturia Forums



Author Topic: Mg Template problems in ver 1.1  (Read 2937 times)

dirk.stalmans@skynet.be

  • Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Karma: 0
Mg Template problems in ver 1.1
« on: January 17, 2010, 01:21:41 pm »
I found some problems with setting up a new preset  based on a Mg template in Ver 1.1.
When exiting the control bloc of the Mg template the Origin is competely  blokked and needs a reboot,  except you can still play via MIDI.
I'vv tried to make a new Mg preset but, after several reboots a gave up, it looks like this is major bug in the new version.
But I'm happy that the MIDI problems I had are solved at first sight.

Rgds,
Dirk

Superwaldi

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 126
  • Karma: 19
Re: Mg Template problems in ver 1.1
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 06:02:34 pm »
I tried it here. No problem...

May you can help me: Could measure the output level of the 2 master outputs? Mine show around minus 7 db set the volume to max.

With other gear I can easily reach 0 dB and even above...

dirk.stalmans@skynet.be

  • Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Karma: 0
Re: Mg Template problems in ver 1.1
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 08:27:04 pm »
Found no difference between master output 1 and 2 same signal level.


In the mean while I found out that the problems I got with the Mg template are gone when memory protection is "off".
It is a kind of bizar that not warning is given but the Origine freeses up completely when you modify a template when memory protection is "ON".

« Last Edit: January 17, 2010, 10:00:11 pm by dirk.stalmans@skynet.be »

Superwaldi

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 126
  • Karma: 19
Re: Mg Template problems in ver 1.1
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2010, 08:45:38 pm »
My memory protection was off. If I turn it on then my unit freezes as well.

About my problem: I have same levels on Masterout 1 + 2, but the total maximum volume of Origin is much lower than from other synthies.

dirk.stalmans@skynet.be

  • Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Karma: 0
Re: Mg Template problems in ver 1.1
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2010, 10:02:23 pm »
I'll compare mine with some other synts (Roland)next week  and let you know what I found.

dirk.stalmans@skynet.be

  • Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 13
  • Karma: 0
Re: Mg Template problems in ver 1.1
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 10:48:46 pm »
I made some tests and found out that the signal level of the Origin is -10db (1/10th) compared with the a Roland SH 201.
I can compesate this on my external mixer with a switch (+4/-10db).
The levels of all output chnanels are the same, but you have to check in "Progr"- MIXER if they are set to the correct level.

Superwaldi

  • Full Member
  • ***
  • Posts: 126
  • Karma: 19
Re: Mg Template problems in ver 1.1
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2010, 06:57:51 am »
Thanks for trying out.

I will investigate deeper.

 

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines