March 29, 2024, 06:19:02 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: My Origin has become sluggish to the point of becoming unusable  (Read 2368 times)

apgrovas

My Origin has become sluggish to the point of becoming unusable
« on: November 29, 2009, 07:06:56 am »
Hi,

I am contacting you because I am currently experiencing some serious issues with my Origin. I have it running firmware version 1.0.7 and whenever I attempt to do anything with the Origin. namely any of the following, my origin takes around 5 seconds to respond:

1) Whenever receiving a note from a MIDI controller on its MIDI In port, the note is heard around 5 seconds after Origin has received the MIDI Note On from the controller

2) Whenever pressing any button on the Origin's front panel, the Origin takes around 5 seconds to execute the command issued by the button, for example, if the Home, Main, System,. Info or any other navigation button is pressed, Origin takes around 5 seconds to move the screen to the selected screen.

3) When using the scroll wheel to select a preset, Origin takes around 5 seconds to start moving down the preset list, and when it finally does it, it moves donw the list with all the scroll wheel down "commands" that have been entered through teh scroll wheel (they do seem to be prebuffered, like all other commands to which the Origin reacts sluggishly)

I attempted re-upgrading my Origin to Firmware version 1.0.7 and instead of anything improving (My Origin is still as sluggish as before) now my Origin does not even want to connect to the Origin Connection Software as it used to before attempting this last upgrade.

Do you have any suggestions of what I may try to bring my Origin back to a proper working condition? I truly love this synth and would love to be able to play with it again. I am pretty frustrated of seeing it boot up properly but simply become unusable every time as is right now.

Thanks,

Alfredo

Antoine

Re: My Origin has become sluggish to the point of becoming unusable
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 11:54:23 am »
Hi Alfredo,

I just sent you a sequence of tests to do, via the regular Technical Support channel.
Thanks to proceed and reply at your best convenience.

All the best,

Antoine.
ex-Arturian

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines