March 29, 2024, 08:28:11 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: A degree of disappointment.  (Read 8263 times)

Older

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • I listen to music, therefore I am
A degree of disappointment.
« on: November 04, 2009, 10:52:18 pm »
Hello Antoine and Arturia's team.
Today, I can say that the property of Arturia CS80 has a long way to go to say that it sounds like the real CS80. In the second version does not have the energy used honestly. You have conformed to what the sound that already existed in the previous version. Interpreter not get me wrong. Your emulation sounds wonderful and is a very special synthesizer, if not indispensable in a softstudio. But you must work harder to make it sound like the real truth CS80. For now, this second version has not moved anything in this field. I think R & D should have priority in this respect, above all the wonderful additions that you have done. Not an exclusive view. All who know the original CS80 think the same ... without exception. I believe that you, despite the praise, so you know.
Have you been able to do with difficult synthesizers, as the MiniMg. Your MiniMg is incredible. Can ye do the same with the CS80?
This is intended as a constructive criticism from the affection I have for all your synthesizers.
Thanks!

PS: I hope that with the Arp 2600 do not do the same. It is even further to resemble the original.
Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge. Dante Alighieri

Antoine

Re: A degree of disappointment.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 10:38:30 am »
We think we better match the venerable CS-80 with our CS-80V2, particularly with the improved filter and ring mod.
Now, it must be clear that a software (especially depending on the computer audio converters) will never *exactly* sound like a monster full of 30 years old electronic components, but at best capture its character as closely as possible.
Also, the MiniMg has a far more simple architecture than the CS-80, and it was comparatively "easier" to reproduce. Note also that original Model-D were very disparate in sound, and that's probably the reason why many people think our recreation is the closest to the original, and some other think we missed it and prefer another one from another talented French company, for instance.

Anyway, we will keep improving all our models everywhere we find (or users point) weaknesses. If you have special request on a particular point, let us know.

Thanks for the constructive critics, by the way, they always are welcome.  :)
ex-Arturian

Older

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
  • I listen to music, therefore I am
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 01:20:03 pm »
Thank you for responding so sincerely, Antoine.
I expected no less from you.
Try to contribute my little grain because there is no doubt that you are special.
Consider your origin; you were not born to live like brutes, but to follow virtue and knowledge. Dante Alighieri

Ammoysd43

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2022, 04:43:58 pm »
"A Degree of Disappointment" is the story of a city. It's the story of three young men who find themselves in a place they don't understand and don't fit in with others. Here you can buy fake transcript for your self. As they try to make it home, something happens. What was supposed to be a journey through filled with happiness turns out to be a lot more complicated than expected.

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines