March 29, 2024, 09:17:54 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Some patches not working  (Read 2487 times)

Nils K

Some patches not working
« on: November 02, 2009, 02:13:28 pm »
After updating my CS80V to version 2, I am having trouble using several of the presets. If I load a VSTi instance of CS80V in Cubase Studio 4.5, some presets work fine both if triggered from the virtual keyboard of the CS80V and if triggered from my physical master keyboard (an old Alesis QS6.1 via midi port 2 on my Emu 1820 soundcard), others only generate sound when triggered from the virtual keyboard. The CS80V instance receives the midi signals OK (indicated by a small dot lighting up in Cubase whenever a midi message is received), but no sound is heard.

As mentioned above, this is exclusively patch-specific, but until now I have been unable to identify what parameters in the presets cause this to happen.

Is there a known workaround for this (other than the obvious abstaining from using the affected patches), or is this a bug?!?

regards, Nils

onewave

• Apprentice
Re: Some patches not working
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 04:21:58 pm »
If I load a VSTi instance of CS80V in Cubase Studio 4.5, some presets work fine both if triggered from the virtual keyboard of the CS80V and if triggered from my physical master keyboard (an old Alesis QS6.1 via midi port 2 on my Emu 1820 soundcard), others only generate sound when triggered from the virtual keyboard. The CS80V instance receives the midi signals OK (indicated by a small dot lighting up in Cubase whenever a midi message is received), but no sound is heard.

I did have a similar situation happen when my controller keyboard was set to transmit on channel 2. Make sure your keyboards are set to transmit on the appropriate midi channels.

Hope that helps. 8)

Nils K

Re: Some patches not working
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2009, 12:20:57 pm »
I didn't think of that - I tried it and it works fine now! I just have to keep an eye on the midi channels.

8) Cool feature BTW - I can think of a lot of uses for that.

regards, Nils K

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines