April 24, 2024, 01:25:01 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Issues with Jupiter 8V  (Read 4020 times)

aghoorch

Issues with Jupiter 8V
« on: October 24, 2009, 09:08:44 pm »
Hi guys, I am having some issues with Jupiter and would like to confirm if any of these are known issues or just unique to my system. Already sent tech support the same list. Thanks in advance

1.) Building a multi-layered patch (I.E Dual mode) notes playing randomly heard. I have already tried the fallowing; changing sample rate, changing buffer (all different settings). I can recreate this in standalone mode, and in VST mode.

2.) Distortion not working properly, or at least too subtle at extreme settings

3.) Building patches that have a long sustain tend to cause the program to randomly spike in CPU then crash. (Quad core intel processor..)

3.) when clicked to change a patch name in jupiters extended view in Cubase 4 (latest update). vst is unresponsive to key strokes however cubase starts to read key strokes although Jupiter screen is clearly selected.

4.) Filter clicks and pops (In both Jupiter & Prophet V) random clicks and pops can be heard when playing notes. This is very noticeable playing notes an octave apart, raising release,attack, decay time doesn't fix issue. Also changing the ASIO buffer settings doesn't resolve problem. clicks or pops are at the attack stage of the sound.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 03:12:09 am by aghoorch »

onewave

• Apprentice
Re: Issues with Jupiter 8V
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 06:00:59 pm »
Hi guys, I am having some issues with Jupiter and would like to confirm if any of these are known issues or just unique to my system. Already sent tech support the same list. Thanks in advance

1.) Building a multi-layered patch (I.E Dual mode) notes playing randomly heard. I have already tried the fallowing; changing sample rate, changing buffer (all different settings). I can recreate this in standalone mode, and in VST mode.

2.) Distortion not working properly, or at least too subtle at extreme settings

3.) Building patches that have a long sustain tend to cause the program to randomly spike in CPU then crash. (Quad core intel processor..)

3.) when clicked to change a patch name in jupiters extended view in Cubase 4 (latest update). vst is unresponsive to key strokes however cubase starts to read key strokes although Jupiter screen is clearly selected.

4.) Filter clicks and pops (In both Jupiter & Prophet V) random clicks and pops can be heard when playing notes. This is very noticeable playing notes an octave apart, raising release,attack, decay time doesn't fix issue. Also changing the ASIO buffer settings doesn't resolve problem. clicks or pops are at the attack stage of the sound.

I run a MacBook with OSX 10.5.8 and with the Jupiter 8V ver1.1.1 on Logic Studio 9

I can confirm all but most of item 1 you mention is true.

However there is a new V2 due out sometime soon, at least in the case of CS-80V2 there is no issues with pops and clicks anymore. That improvement alone is a big one for me, it drives me mad when I hear pops and clicks in my sound!

I really hope that when they release V2 of Jupiter 8V its going to solve the above issues.

Antoine

« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 06:34:18 pm »
The Jupiter-8V is known to be particularly CPU-hungry. As far as I heard from the developers dungeon rumors, the on-work version already has reduced it significantly.
The upcoming beta test period* will hopefully confirm these symptoms are now history.

* sorry, no fixed date yet, but "coming soon".
ex-Arturian

onewave

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 07:46:54 pm »
Thanks Antoine, It's good to hear that!

Cheers,
Bret

aghoorch

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2009, 02:47:20 am »
ya man, Antoine I really appreciate the prompt email and response. I figured these would be in the works! But you know what without adding a grip of voices it works just fine. I was meaning to post that up. Thanks again guys! loving these synths going to post up a trance demo im making only with the prophet v.

Redsoul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2010, 04:47:28 am »
sorry for jumping in late but when the newer improved version comes out I assume it will be a free upgrade to correct those issues..?

onewave

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2010, 06:00:12 am »
Yes, it sure will. I have the CS-80V2 now, its my favorite.

Redsoul

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 04:12:49 am »
perfect : thanks..

I just got mine so I haven't had any hangs up even using the 64 bit with the version 1...

look forward to wonderful music making now and with the new addition..

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines