March 28, 2024, 08:56:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register
News:

Arturia Forums

Author Topic: Updating catastrophy  (Read 3327 times)

Thefish

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Updating catastrophy
« on: October 23, 2009, 11:40:22 pm »
Hi ya all.

Just wanted to pop in and tell how the curiosity killed the cat.

I had the Mg Modular 2.2 working very fine and stable, before this day.
I was very interested about the new update, new patches and sounds.

Well, i thought about it a couple days, whether i should try to update a well working platform into something that would be much better than the existing version. Life is a full of choices, as they say.

Downloaded the latest (2.5) version with the eLicense software. Seemed to be just fine until the fun started.

When launching the eLicence, it tells me that my product is not registered. Hmm, interesting. I try to activate the software with the code i got from my personal page. Error. Hmm. Very interesting.
Try to launch Mg Modular. Not working. Try to uninstall eLicense. Not working.

The funniest thing was that when i tried to launch my Brass software, that was not working either. And just a few minutes before i started this updating horror, it was working very fine.

And yes, i have the existing syncrosoft usb dongle which came originally with the cardboard pakage.

Bottom line;

Instead of a ONE brand new update of my favourite synthesizer, i am now in BIG trouble with TWO non-working softwares. This is not funny anymore.

If anyone got some ideas how to go further, please do. I am seriously pissed.

Thefish

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
Re: Updating catastrophy
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2009, 11:49:26 pm »
For the record, my platform:

Mac OS X  10.4.8
1,83 Ghz Intel Core Duo
Pro Tools LE 7.1.1, Mbox2.

Roshi Ai

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
    • http://www.myspace.com/roshiai www.myspace.com/thesoulmadesystem
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 12:41:38 am »
Hi there,

Kind of the same thing happened here. After updating the licenses were not working anymore.

I restarted a few times, and the first time I started up Cubase even this didn't work.

Checking in eLCC I noticed that none of my dongles were visible there. I reinstalled the eLCC software that came the software download...and everything seems to work seemlessly.

So...my tip is: download the latest version eLCC and install this one.

Good luck.

(Also on OS X 10.4.something)

Antoine

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 09:10:14 am »
I replied to TheFish through private message.
But yes you got it Roshi Ai, always update your eLicenser Control Center after any installation, even if it sounds redundant, is the golden rule.
ex-Arturian

Thefish

• Apprentice
  • Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 04:57:20 pm »
But yes you got it Roshi Ai, always update your eLicenser Control Center after any installation, even if it sounds redundant, is the golden rule.

Thank you, Antoine and everyone here at the forum who helped me to solve the installation problem.

I downloaded the latest version of eLicenser and everything seems to be working very smoothly again. Except MMV 2.5, which is actually running a lot better than it used to do...very much appreciated update, indeed.

I tested it with my platform and one of the biggest positive surprise was to notice that it uses a lot less cpu than it used to do. Now i can work with at least two MMV:s independently without a fear of crashing the system.

And yes, Brass is working again.

Cheers!

;D ;D

onewave

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 09:11:01 pm »

Ah, yes the golden rule. So glad I know now,
Cheers,
Bret

Carbonate design by Bloc
SMF 2.0.17 | SMF © 2019, Simple Machines